Sometimes, all you want to do is order takeout and watch a movie with your roommates, so it's essential to have a list of takeout places to choose from. I recently had the opportunity to try Chutneys, a fast-casual Indian restaurant in Cambridge, and I can confidently say it's become one of my new go-to takeout spots. I'll share everything I got so that you can draw some inspiration for your next night in.

Chicken Lollipops

I had never had chicken lollipops before, so I was a bit unsure of what to expect. But what I got was deliciously tender chicken, with a flavorful and crunchy exterior and a dipping sauce - and the chicken actually looked like a lollipop! The chicken itself wasn't too spicy, but the sauce served on the side was, so it's perfect for those who like food on the milder side and those who prefer spicier. Between my friend and I, the six lollipops were gone in about ten minutes. This was by far my favorite dish of the night and one that I'll order over and over again.

Neeti Desai

Hakka Noodles

These noodles perfectly combine elements of lo mein with Indian spices to create a delicious fusion dish packed with chicken and veggies - and leftovers make a perfect quick lunch for the next day. What I loved the most was that the noodles weren't greasy, and I was really able to taste the freshness of the ingredients. These hakka noodles are perfect if you're a fan of Indian-Chinese food, or are looking to mix up your usual order.

Neeti Desai

Samosa Chaat

Samosa chaat is one of my favorite Indian dishes, and Chutneys' version did not disappoint. Made of samosas and chana masala (a chickpea dish in a tomato based gravy) and topped with spices and sev (small crunchy noodles made with chickpea flour), this samosa chaat was the perfect combination of flavors and textures. I must say that the chana masala was my favorite component of this one - it was absolutely amazing, and something I'll order on its own next time. But overall, I was able to taste the spicy samosa and chana combination, along with cool and refreshing tomatoes, onions, and cilantro and crunchy sev in every bite. 

Neeti Desai

The unique dishes and powerful flavors at Chutneys make it a must-try if you're searching for Indian restaurants in the Boston area. And since they have both dine in and takeout options, it's perfect for both a quick bite while out and about or to get delivered on your next night in.