I think it’s safe to say that Girl Scout cookies have a cult following; people of all ages love them. I was never a Girl Scout, but Thin Mints remind me of my childhood. If you’re looking for a controversial topic of discussion, ask people for their Girl Scout cookie rankings. I guarantee there will be a fight by the end of the conversation.

I don’t have particularly unpopular opinions when it comes to cookies; I stick to the classics. But if you're feeling culinary, make your own.

Thin Mints

Obviously. People who hate on Thin Mints want to be different, want to stray from the crowd. We all know they’re the classic cookie. The chocolate coating perfectly complements the flaky mint interior. I’m biased, though, because I love anything chocolate-mint-flavored. If you don’t like York peppermint patties, this may not be the cookie for you. Actually, no—this is the cookie for everyone. It has the richness of chocolate but the light texture and taste of mint.

Tagalongs

Next up in my girl scout cookie rankings is a close second. Peanut butter is always good, especially when surrounded by chocolate, which is why this cookie is ranked second on my list. Tagalongs are basically peanut butter cups in cookie form, so of course they’re delicious.

Samoas

This cookie gets an A+ for texture. It’s perfectly chewy. Once again, the chocolate coating makes everything better, and chocolate and coconut is a perfect pairing. Also reminiscent of a candy, Mounds (Almond Joy, but without almonds), this cookie is nostalgic and delicious.

Do-Si-Dos

While they’re not my favorite, I enjoy a peanut butter cookie-sandwich from time to time. The peanut butter gives the cookie the moisture and richness that it needs. As I am not a fan of shortbread cookies, this is the only shortbread cookie that made my list.

If this ranking made you nostalgic for Girl Scout cookie season, have no fear. WashU's Kappa Delta chapter will be selling Girl Scout cookies on Friday, February 14 and Monday, February 17 in the Danforth University Center from 10:45am to 1:15pm. From Tuesday, February 18 to Friday, February 21 and from Tuesday, February 25 to Friday, February 28, they will be selling cookies in the Bear’s Den from 5:45-7:00pm. Grab some cookies and start debates over which you think are the best.

If you can't make it one of these locations, try reaching out to a professor or mentor who has kids—they should definitely know a way to hook you up.