The month of November is a weird one. It’s a month of giving thanks, a month to begin holiday celebrations, and a month where we can clearly distinguish which men can actually grow facial hair. For those of you unaware of what I’m referring to, Movember is a movement each November when men are encouraged to grow out their mustaches to raise awareness of men’s health issues, such as prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and men’s suicide. In honor of all of my male friends who struggle with health issues, I dedicate this article to you; to working towards a safer and more loving society where gender stigmas do not impede important conversations. Luckily, for my friends who may struggle a bit to grow their own beards, there are superfoods out there that provide excellent nutrients that encourage facial hair growth. In honor of Movember Madness, here are three restaurants that feature superfood dishes that are sure to help any patron grow facial hair.

1. Eggs at Egg Harbor Cafe

Quality protein is crucial for facial hair growth. Protein contains cholesterol, which is necessary for healthy testosterone production. Egg Harbor Cafe, located in Buckhead, is the perfect environment to grab a protein-filled breakfast, brunch, or lunch from locally owned businesses. From a variety of egg based dishes, to Big Shoulders Coffee’s freshly brewed coffee, to an array of pastries from Sweet Ali’s Gluten Free Bakery, Egg Harbor takes the lead in meals to please everyone. For me personally, in leading a low carb lifestyle, I love how at Egg Harbor Cafe you have the option to swap out the rice in their bowls for cauliflower rice. The biggest thing I appreciate from this restaurant is that it is extremely adaptive towards dietary needs. They have an extensive gluten-free menu as well, making this an optimal place to eat if you or your friends have specific dietary restrictions. My personal favorite dish to get? The build-your-own skillet with turkey, mushroom, spinach, red and green peppers, onion, mozzarella, salsa, and their delicious cauliflower rice. Protein galore.

2. Brazil Nuts at Fogo de Chão

Well this one may be a little bit of a stretch, because Fogo de Chao is a Brazilian steakhouse, but I’m certain they have some Brazil nuts in their massive appetizer bar. Brazil nuts are great for facial hair growth as they include a nutrient called mineral selenium, which increases testosterone and speeds up thyroid function. This all-you-can-eat steakhouse provides you with a substantial amount of Brazilian meat to choose from. Every two minutes, waiters rotate around the restaurant with meat on a stick (a Brazilian barbeque technique called “churrasco”) which will leave your stomach happy and full. After paying a standard price, you are given the option to choose your sides from a massive appetizer bar and indulge in as many portions of steak as your heart desires. From my fellow Brazilian friends, the top 3 meats to ask more of are picanha, linguiça and coração. Grab your side of Brazil nuts and enjoy.

3. Sorghum at Yebo Beach Haus

Sorghum is a relatively unknown gluten-free grain that comes from Africa. It includes the 5A enzyme, which converts testosterone into DHT, a more potent beard-growing hormone. Yebo Beach Haus is a South-African and New American cuisine neighborhood restaurant, where customers can enjoy an authentic meal in an aesthetic setting. Yebo’s dining room is decorated to give you the feel that you are eating in a chic beach bungalow, and is the perfect place to explore dishes from a lesser-known cuisine in the Buckhead area. Recommended plates from my roommates who are big fans of Yebo are the halibut and the sesame grain bowl, which features a tasty sorghum base.

Although we are nearing the end of Movember, we should never forget the importance of discussing mental health across a wide variety of communities. The best way to work towards a more uplifting and kind society is to keep the conversation going - so grow your beards, enjoy some food, and keep your loved ones close to you. Never feel ashamed to speak up