On October 22, over 300 Athenians came together to celebrate fall at UGA’s very own student-run farm, proving that Athens is the cutest, greenest, and foodiest college town around.

Festival

Photo by Joanna Leger

Whether you were munching on some homemade roasted pumpkin seeds, jamming to local music, checking out the student-built tiny house, roasting marshmallows to perfection, or racking up desserts at the cake walk, there was something for everyone.

Festival

Photo by Joanna Leger

Admission was just $3, which included a glorious meal donated by some seriously talented dawgs and community members.

Festival

Photo by Joanna Leger

My personal favorites included, but were not limited to, mac & cheese, mini egg soufflés, pumpkin dip and apples, stuffed pasta shells, curry cardamom cookies, and Ben and Jerry’s ice cream.

Festival

Photo by Gabi Rosenthal

Some serious kudos go to everyone who put on the show, but especially to those saints that brought such amazing food.

Festival

Photo by Joanna Leger

It’s okay if you’re drooling; I am, too.

Festival

Photo by Gabi Rosenthal

But don’t let me get carried away. It wasn’t all about the food. The festival represented Athens’ strong sense of community and mission to make the world a better place.

Attendees were encouraged to BYOB (bowl) to reduce food and material waste. Multiple student-run organizations were there, four of which may spark a particular interest in all you folks looking to get involved in the food world.

First, of course, was UGArden. Check out their site to see all the awesome ways that you can get involved at the farm and gain first-hand experience growing, harvesting, and selling organically-grown produce.

Festival

Photo by Joanna Leger

UGArden’s close friend, Campus Kitchen, played a big role in putting on the Fall Festival, too. Check ’em out, and see how you can help reduce food insecurity among seniors in Athens and mitigate food waste at the same time.

Festival

Photo by Joanna Leger

Real Food UGA was there reppin’ ethically produced food for all. Join with them to help get UGA to get 20 percent of their food from “real” sources by 2020.

Festival

Photo by Joanna leger

Finally, Speak out for Species had a table promoting a lifestyle and diet free of animal cruelty. Take part in this movement, and get support from UGA’s vegan students throughout your journey.

Can’t wait till next year for Fall Festival? Get involved now, and maybe you can help run the show in 2016!