Here at Bryant University, we were so excited to be recognized as an official club on campus this Spring semester. You may have heard about Spoon or seen our posters around campus, so we wanted to officially introduce our newly elected e-board to the community.

Lisa Russo

Lisa Russo

Position: President/Editorial Director

Year: Rising Senior

Major/Minor: Applied Economics Major, Finance Minor

What's your favorite food? Cinnamon rolls

Do you like pineapple on your pizza? Yes

Favorite Quote: "Whatever you do in this life, it's not legendary unless your friends are there to see it." -Barney Stinson (How I Met Your Mother)

What made you want to join Spoon? I have a passion for food. I have always been a foodie and wanted to taste the best foods that I can find. When I found Spoon in my first semester at Bryant (I was a transfer student), I was excited that I could make connections with people who enjoy food as much as I do.

What's your favorite thing about Spoon? My favorite thing about Spoon is the weekly meetings. I like seeing everyone and catching up on our weeks. Plus we do fun workshops and activities that help me expand my knowledge about food, publishing, and general skills (like Search Engine Optimization or how to take great Instagram pics). It also doesn't hurt that there is always food our meetings to snack on.

What excites you most about your new e-board position? I have been a part of Spoon for almost two years now, and I love everything about it. So I really like that as President I will be able to keep something that I care about so much going strong for the next year. I have also been Editor for a year now. I genuinely enjoy seeing the articles improve from a small idea to a published article.

Michelle Quinn

Michelle Quinn

Position: Treasurer

Year: Rising Senior

Major/Minor: Applied Economics Major, Finance and Business Administration Minors

What's your favorite food? French fries by far

Do you like pineapple on your pizza? No, it's gross

Favorite Quote: "One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well" -Virginia Woolfe

What made you want to join Spoon? I love food, I just love it.

What's your favorite thing about Spoon? I like meeting new people because I'm a transfer student. I also like how fun everyone is. We can talk about food and have fun together at the same time.

What excites you most about your new e-board position? I like to be involved, so even though I'm not a strong writer, I can still contribute to the club as Treasurer with my math skills.

Ayescan Coral

Lisa Russo

Position: Secretary

Year: Rising Junior

Major/Minor: Communication Major, French and Human Resources Minor

What's your favorite food? Risotto

Do you like pineapple on your pizza? No, I hate pineapple.

Favorite Quote: "If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” - Martin Luther King Jr

What made you want to join Spoon? I love writing, and I love food, and Spoon combines them both, so here I am! 

What's your favorite thing about Spoon? I love that Spoon is all about food and health articles written by university students.

What excites you most about your new e-board position? I was excited the most about interacting with new people and meeting new people.

Brianna Sutherland

Brianna Sutherland

Position: Community and Events Coordinator

Year: Rising Senior

Major/Minor: Biology Major, Biotechnology and Human Resource Management Minor

What's your favorite food: CHEESE – all of them I do not discriminate

Do you like pineapple on your pizza? I don’t usually order it but yes I like it!

Favorite Quote: "People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." -Maya Angelou

What made you want to join spoon? I love talking about food, because I think food is something that unites people across all cultures and can hold so many meanings. Experiencing travel through food is one of my favorite things to do, and I enjoy cooking for others.

What's your favorite thing about Spoon? Connecting with a group of people that share the same interests as me that I can swap opinions and recipes with! Plus all the great food we eat together.

What excites you most about your new e-board position? I am looking forward to celebrating the group that worked so hard to get here, and better yet... with food! I want people to be as excited as I am about experiencing food and connecting with the surrounding Rhode Island communities by hosting great events.

Rafaella Simonyan

Rafaella Simonyan

Position: Social Media Manager

Year: Rising Senior

Major/Minor: Accounting Major, Communications Minor

What's your favorite food? Tacos

Do you like pineapple on your pizza? Yes!

Favorite Quote: "How long is forever? Sometimes, just one second." -Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

What made you want to join Spoon? I saw a Bryant Spoon Instagram post that talked about joining the club, and I was like, "yes! I love food!"

What is your favorite thing about Spoon? I love that we are being productive by writing articles while also talking about food.

What excites you most about your new e-board position? I like that with my position as Social Media manager I can communicate to more people about Spoon and what we do in the club. I am also definitely excited to scroll through the Spoon Instagram feed/our DMs and look at all the pictures of food.

So when you see us on campus, feel free to say hello and chat with us about all things food/Spoon University. If you have any questions about joining our chapter, message us @spoon_bulldogs or at spoonbulldogs@bryant.edu. We would love to hear from you!