Meal kits are great. You get pre-portioned ingredients to make delicious recipes (with instructions included) all sent straight to your door. For college kids, this is ideal. Luckily for us, the first meal kit designed with college kids in mind was just created.

Thanks to the new partnership with Spoon University and Chef'd, this dream is being made into a reality, and just to tell you how great it is, we're breaking down why meal kits are in and annoying trips to the grocery store are out. 

1. It's Convenient AF

For college kids without a car on campus, you know how hard it can be to get to the grocery store. You likely find yourself hopping in on your friend's grocery runs, and, if you’re like me, you forget things you need almost every time.

Meal kits are the solution to this issue. How does having your groceries delivered right to your doorstep (or mailbox) sound?

2. No Search Necessary

I don't know about you but whenever I go to the grocery store with a list of items I need, there's always ONE item I cannot find. I then have to hop in the car and drive another five miles to the next grocery store, crossing my fingers they'll have what I'm looking for.

With meal kits, you can skip the search and let experienced chefs choose ingredients for dinner. It’s kind of like when you go to a bougie restaurant and the five-course meal is already selected for you. Meal kits are better because you can enjoy them while watching Netflix and cuddling the cat you smuggled into your dorm.

3. No Waste

Have you ever decided to bake something only to find out the recipe you selected calls for a measly tablespoon of an ingredient you don’t have? You probably hopped in your car and pulled up to Walmart only to find out that ingredient is only available in bulk size... nice! Fast forward to graduation and this bulk-sized ingredient likely sat in the back of your cabinet untouched.

This is another reason why meal kits rock: you get portioned ingredients sent right to you so you don’t waste time and money on things you’ll never use again. Major key.

4. No Pinterest Fails

Not to hate on Pinterest (it gives me inspo daily), but sometimes the recipes are just too good to be true. I mean they have to have a team of chefs perfecting those pictures because my creations always look like they belong on one of those Pinterest fail articles.

However, with meal kits, you get step-by-step instructions on how to whip up that delicious creation, and here’s the best part: recipes are aimed at college students (and I’m not talking culinary students).

5. It's Cheaper

This one is plain, simple, and obvious. Meal kits are cheaper than going to the grocery store. I mean, who leaves the grocery store with only the items they came for? That new limited edition Lays flavor always tempts me. Cheaper food = more money for booze (or books, but I’m choosing booze).

6. It's an Easy Gift

It would be pretty weird to ask your grandma for sugar, flour, vanilla, etc., for a gift, don’t you think? But c’mon, keeping your belly full in college can get expensive, and if there was a way to gift college meals, wouldn’t that just be genius? With meal kits, it's just that easy. They even offer subscriptions so you can keep the food flowing and Grandma feels like her gift went to something useful, because what is more important than FOOD?

7. New & Different Foods

Although not the case for you lucky ducks that go to school in a big city, some of us are smack dab in the middle of nowhere. If this is the case for you, you likely have a Walmart nearby, and if you’re lucky, a local grocer. However, Whole Foods and Trader Joe's are only dreams for many of us.

With meal kits, you can get ingredients that may not be available (or up to par) at Walmart and other main chain grocers.

8. It’s Fun AF to Get Packages

Lastly, getting a package in college is like getting a sponsor gift in the Hunger Games. That may sound absurd, but trust me, nothing brightens my day more than getting an e-mail from the package room saying I have a nice big oversized box waiting for me. And major bonus points if it's perishable, because you know what that means: FOOD.

If this list of reasons isn't enough to convince you why meal kits are better than dragging yourself to the grocery store, then the only way to truly know is to try it yourself.

Lucky for you, Chef'd and Spoon University are sending you a free care package to get you psyched for the real thing. Sign up here to get your FREE care package full of dope snacks and goodies. You'll also be the first to know when our meal kit is available for order in January!