I love Chick-fil-A. I think most people do. I always keep an extra packet of Chick-fil-A sauce in my desk drawer. And in the office, some of my co-workers even started "Chick-fil-A Fridays," aka when we venture out for those seriously delicious nuggets (see, that sauce comes in handy). I always joke that I could get a tray of 30 nugs for lunch and be perfectly happy with my decision, but I've never actually done it.

However, this guy, Uproxx sports writer Robby Kalland, actually followed his dreams and ate 82 Chick-fil-A nuggets in one sitting. And he's alright! Actually, he's a legend. Here's how his journey went down.

Setting Goals

According to Robby, who wrote about his big win in an essay on Uproxx, he had heard about a local Chick-fil-A's "All You Can Eat Nugget Night," that lasted for 2 hours, and immediately decided he had to go. 

The next day (eating day), he ate a light lunch around 10:30 am and like any champion, set himself a goal.

"I knew 100 was out of the question — but still wanted to set the bar high. Eventually, I settled on 82. One nugget more than Kobe Bryant’s highest-scoring game. Wilt Chamberlain might be out of reach, but Kobe? I could do that," he wrote. 

Eating His Way to The Finish Line

To be clear, this isn't actually a competition at Chick-fil-A, it's just a night to see how many nuggets you can actually put down. It was Robby that made it into one, competing only against himself.

Apparently, the rules of the night stated that for $12.99, you could get a dozen nuggets, a medium fry, and a medium drink. The nuggets and the drink were refillable. Then, once you finished your 12-pack, the staffers would bring you six more nuggets, and keep repeating one finished box at a time.

Lucky for his followers, Robby live-Tweeted through the whole thing.

He, of course, avoided the fries.

His determination was astounding. 

He should be proud.

But to be honest, when I heard 82 nuggets and learned it was basically a free for all at Chick-fil-A, I wasn't that impressed. Those nuggets are small! But then, when I learned about the mental (and somewhat physical) walls he was hitting, I got it. He was a warrior. 

"A new wall emerged across the 60-nugget barrier. My stomach felt betrayed by me. I started to question life choices," Robby wrote.

And at that point, he looked over at a teen who was also at an all out war with his digestive system, too.

"He’d just hit 50 and was slowing down himself. I shook his hand, proud to meet another valiant gladiator, pushing themselves to the brink."

In The End...

Robby wrote that he definitely doesn't recommend this to anyone else. Take advantage of Chick-fil-A's "All You Can Eat Nugget Nights," but don't make it about the end goal. Make it about the journey. Or whatever, just, eat as many nuggets until you're full and then do yourself a favor and go home.