Pizzeria Molto

Elizabeth Benson

Pizzeria Molto is certainly a staple among Fairfield students. We all take our parents there when they come to visit and it's where we go to celebrate a friend's birthday. It's also our go-to for Molto Mondays where you can get half-priced bottles of wine. To make things even better, their outdoor patio is the perfect location for some comfortable, socially-distanced, and cozy dining. They have booths set up right in front of the restaurant with plenty of heaters for these first few chilly nights of spring. We sat outside on a colder night and were all perfectly comfortable thanks to their heaters and great service. Here's an overview of what we had when we visited last week!

Lauren Miolene

Appetizers

We had quite the array of appetizers! We started with the Brussel Sprouts with truffle honey and pancetta. These are truly to die for so you have to try them next time you go. Next we had the Potato Gnocchi with butternut squash cream sauce. These were new to me and I will now be ordering them every time I go. The soft gnocchi with the creamy sauce was the perfect combination... I'm still dreaming about it. We also had the Sautéed Shrimp with roasted tomatoes, arugula, white beans, and garlic which was so fresh and tasty! Finally for the appetizers, we had the fan favorite: Arancini. These golden fried rice balls are melt-in-your-mouth delicious and are truly a staple at Molto. 

Emily Goryeb

Salad and Pasta

For round 2, we indulged in the Campagna Salad which has mixed greens, apples, walnuts, cranberries, and gorgonzola. We had our gorgonzola on the side for our favorite vegan, Lizzie. The staff at Molto couldn't have been more accommodating when it came to ensuring some items were vegan for her which was so nice! The salad itself was super fresh and perfectly dressed. After our salad, we tried the Molto Penne which includes eggplant, mozzarella, and their homemade tomato sauce. There's a little bit of a kick to the sauce which we all loved! You definitely cannot go wrong with some classic pasta and red sauce.

Lauren Miolene

Pizza

Because we were at Pizzeria Molto, we just had to try some of their pizzas! We had the Arugula di Parma which has prosciutto, arugula, and roasted tomatoes. It was similar to a Margherita pizza with the perfect additions of prosciutto and arugula. We also tried the Balsamico which has chicken, caramelized onions, and a balsamic reduction. This one was definitely one of my favorites of the night! We ended up taking some of the pizza to-go and it was truly just as crispy and delicious when re-heated the next day.

Elizabeth Benson

If you aren't drooling by now, then you have more self-control than I do. I'm already planning on going back to Molto with my friends to sit in their heated patio, enjoy a glass of wine, and indulge in all their delicious food! With it being right in the heart of downtown, how can you resist? We'll probably be there on a Monday as well, because we love a good half-priced bottle of wine. Next time you're trying to decide where to eat downtown, go check out Molto's patio and DM us pictures @spoon_fairfield  to show us what you ordered!