This is Sly and he's a kitten who loves the kitchen.

beer, coffee, tea, pizza
Jordan Burns

I got this adorable cat on July 31st, 2016 when he was just 11 weeks old. I first saw him online at a shelter website, and in his description he was literally named Doughboy and was described as a “little baker kitten.” Little did I know he really does love to cook and bake. As soon as I saw him with his foster mama, I knew he was the one. Although I changed his name to Sly, he is still the same little chef he was as a baby kitten.

His favorite things to cook are eggs in the morning. First he helps me get out all the ingredients.

tea, coffee
Jordan Burns

He then immediately jumps on the counter, sniffing all the food (and occasionally cracking an egg or two on the floor…he thinks this is helpful).

beer
Jordan Burns

I fry the eggs on the skillet while he sits at the bar, sniffing the air. He watches the eggs cook on the skillet, making sure it doesn’t get too hot.

chicken
Jordan Burns

Cats and kittens are actually allowed to eat eggs, so he knows this meal isn’t just for me. Eggs are rich in protein, vitamins and minerals. The egg yolk also helps make the little baker kitty's coat healthier, shinier and softer. Uhm, yes please. Here are other foods you can feed your own baker kitten! (and foods you can't).

tea, beer, coffee
Jordan Burns

He also loves anything that involves a strainer or bowl. I think you all can tell why…

beer
Jordan Burns

This past weekend, we made pumpkin bread. Sly legitimately couldn’t keep from putting his head straight in the air and sniffing that pumpkin aroma. Although he looks like a big cat, he's still really young, which means a lot of stuff is new to him. Think about that…smelling pumpkin spices for the first time, heaven.  

coffee, tea, beer, water
Jordan Burns

Sly also enjoys the finer things. He drinks out of anything that isn’t his own bowl. This includes glass cups, mugs, wine glasses, cocktail flutes….even goblets. He hasn't tried cat wine...yet...but we've definitely looked into it after reading this

Sly loves everything about the kitchen: the smells, the sounds and all the different things he can play with. Most importantly however, he loves to eat, just like you and me, and he doesn't mind curling up on the couch with a giant food coma

water
Jordan Burns

Sly is my little baker kitten, and I am so glad I adopted him. You too can get your own little chef from a shelter near you.

cake, beer
Jordan Burns