Gather your friends for a memorable evening of laughter, creativity, and, of course, pizza. This pizza-making event is sponsored (not really, but unofficially) by Trader Joe’s. I’m a Trader Joe’s fanatic and just love everything it has! I got a variety of fresh and flavorful ingredients for this super fun pizza-making activity.

Here’s a compiled list of ingredients and material you need to make your kitchen collaboration a success:

From Trader Joe's: basil marinara sauce, pre-made pizza dough, olives, onions, pineapple (FIGHT ME), garlic, fresh basil, sundried tomatoes, mushrooms, pepper jack cheese, mozzarella cheese, hot sauce, spices (dried oregano, dried basil, chili flakes, salt, pepper), bell peppers, flour

Note: toppings may differ according to what you like.

Other items: spoons, bowls, plates, large baking sheets, a clean counter, pizza cutter

Aishwarya Sabharwal

How to start

Start out by cleaning your surface and chopping all the veggies. It’s more fun than you think — seeing how your friends chop an onion with the tears running down their cheeks makes for a good laugh. Once you’ve chopped all your veggies and cleaned the surface, preheat your oven to the temperature indicated on your pre-made dough bag. Next, dust your counter with a decent amount of flour. This is essential to make sure that your dough doesn’t stick to the surface below. (Trust me, been there, done that, and it’s NOT fun.)

The dough is conveniently pre-made, saving you time and effort. With options like regular, whole wheat, and even cauliflower crust, everyone can find a base that suits their taste and dietary preferences. I personally love the regular pizza dough as it rolls out thin and gives a classic thin crust if you desire. My friends even experimented with a cheesy crust vibe, and it turned out so good! A pro tip for rolling out the pizza dough is to use something like an empty bottle of wine for an easy rolling experience. Be sure to dust the bottle with some flour so that it doesn’t stick. Feel free to shape your pizza however you want- we had some flatbread shapes, hearts, and even an imperfect circle. GET CREATIVE!

Once you’re able to roll your dough to the desired shape, transfer it to the baking sheet. This makes it easier to load your pizza with all the toppings without having to worry about transferring it anywhere else. With all your ingredients laid out, invite your friends to assemble their personalized masterpieces. Encourage creativity as they layer on their chosen sauce, cheese, and toppings.

Pro tip: For all my spicy food lovers, add hot sauce and additional spices to your marinara to create a more tangy, flavorful kick to your sauce. The beauty of this kitchen collaboration is not just in the delicious outcome but in the shared experience of crafting something unique together.

Aishwarya Sabharwal

In the spirit of simplicity and camaraderie, Trader Joe's makes it easy to turn a casual get-together into a memorable pizza-making party. From the convenience of pre-made dough to the array of fresh and flavorful toppings, every aspect of this kitchen collaboration is designed for enjoyment. So, gather your friends, unleash your culinary creativity, and savor the delicious, healthy results of your Trader Joe's pizza adventure. I promise you, it’s an experience you don’t want to miss out on.

Aishwarya Sabharwal