Every supermarket has its own personality so it makes sense that picking your go-to grocery store is just as important as picking your roommates. You have to know which one will suit your lifestyle best, or you may run in to some serious problems. Here’s everything you need to know about the personalities of all the grocery store options out there.

Trader Joe’s: The Chiller

grocery store

Trader Joe’s is your most laid back roommate. You foresee him living on a tropical island someday and living by the expression, “It’s five o’clock somewhere.” He has the craziest travel adventures and has all kinds of quirky souvenirs in his room. He’s always down to chill, and he never seems worried about the future.

You tell yourself to be more like him, but for now you’ll just enjoy your brief visits with him where he shares strangely specific yet helpful facts about the difference between his two favorite cheddar cheeses.

Fresh Market: The Fancy-Pants

grocery store

Fresh Market is your fancy roommate. She prefers the finer things in life. Weekly massages are a part of her way of life. She picks up flowers and chocolates for herself whenever she’s feeling down because she knows the little things in life can make all the difference.

Her life is one big Instagram photoshoot, but she always does it well. Fresh roasted coffee always is magically wafting out of your kitchen when she’s around.

Food Lion: The Practical One

grocery store

Food Lion is your practical roommate. When shopping she will check three different stores prices online to see where she get the best deal. She prefers the basics in life. Her go-to outfit is jeans and a solid colored sweater. She is the mom of the group because she always has tissues and bandaids ready and manages to keep everyone on schedule.

Deli meats on white bread are her staple lunch. She’s never swept into trendy new food trends like eating food from farm to table or eliminating gluten. Practicality is her number one priority.

Weaver Street: The Hippy

grocery store

Weaver Street is your hippy housemate. He always is attending classes for types of spiritual exercise you’ve never heard of. He loves craft beer and would love to tell you the benefits of buying local. On the weekends you’ll sometimes tag along with him to a surprisingly good bluegrass-jazz-hip hop fusion concert or to local pop-up markets. He has a wide circle of friends who are from all different walks of life.

Costco: The Hoarder

grocery store

Costco is not messing around. He’s the roommate you will turn to in case of an apocalypse. He will be ready with his gallon sized containers of nuts and dried fruit. His hoarder tendencies can put a bit of a cramp on the space in the house, but once you learn to use the the boxes as a room divider, everything is much more manageable.

Your housemates probably have a bet on whether or not he will finish his 22 lb. chocolate bar before graduation. He doesn’t mind the teasing though, because he never has to make late night runs to the grocery store to grab something he forgot.

Whole Foods: The Health Nut

grocery store

Whole foods is the roommate who stocks your kitchen with things like flax seeds and all kinds of alternate “milk”. She continually makes a wide variety of acai bowls and drinks bubble tea.

Basically she is the food hipster. She ate kale before it was mainstream. If other people know what it is, she is not interested. Even when she’s going to the movies, she looks like she’s about to go on a jog. Workout gear is her daily uniform.

There is no doubt that she eats much healthier than you, but let’s be honest, you’re not sure that you’re actually jealous of the foods she’s eating.

Harris Teeter: The Basic One

grocery store

Harris Teeter is your basic roommate. She loves pop music and pumpkin spice lattes. Her reliability is what you love about her though. You know exactly what you are getting from her. She wears yoga pants and her sorority t-shirts everyday, but she has her life on track.

Baking is one of her favorite past times and she throws a great party. Although she doesn’t have super unique tastes, that is one of her strengths because she can get along great with pretty much anyone.