Whether you love him or hate him, Justin Bieber has become a major figure in American pop culture (despite some rather questionable past actions). He punched a fan in the face and had his pet monkey detained by German customs, but according to Ed Sheeran, Justin’s diet is a bit more conventional. In an interview with Howard Stern on Sirius XM, Sheeran called his friend out for only eating salmon and water. Could Justin Bieber’s diet really be this basic? Let's see if it's actually true.

A Man of Many Tastes

Ed Sheeran definitely nailed Justin’s love of salmon (he’s been spotted eating salmon and mash after a performance in England) but the Biebs eats a lot more than fish.

In 2012, Usher inspired him to go vegan, but it didn’t last long. While dining at Real Food Daily in LA, Justin ordered a tofu steak and tempeh tacos...before gagging and spitting it out

Vegan no more, Bieber is definitely a fan of meat. On his way to Coachella in 2014, he and an unknown number of people stopped by Tacos Pinches to order 40+ chicken and steak tacos and burritos. Half-way through an October 2016 performance, he ordered two spicy chicken burgers and fries from a Brazilian barbecue joint (and left a $100 tip). 

Justin seems to be content with classic American fast food and unapologetically considers T.G.I. Friday’s to be his favorite restaurant. Subway is another favorite, where he enjoys tomato, mayonnaise, and turkey sandwiches. Celebs: they're just like us. 

His Favorite Drink Is Unexpected, Too

After multiple DUI arrests, Sheeran says that Justin has given up drinking alcohol and chooses water. On the other hand, it seems that he frequently prefers another drink: milk. Bieber has enjoyed a pint of milk with his salmon and mash, Subway sandwich, and spaghetti bolognese. The last meal didn’t go very well, however–Justin ate it before a show and promptly threw up on stage.

So if you're looking to eat like an infamous multimillionaire celebrity, then Subway, tacos, and salmon are a solid place to start. After all, it works for Justin, and he's not sorry.