Earth Day is right around the corner and it is a time to reflect about our impact on the environment. I try to turn the faucet off while brushing my teeth and recycle when I can. I never really thought about how ones diet impacts the environment, but JUST is working to spread awareness. 

JUST's #EarthEveryDay Campaign

Photo Courtesy of Eat JUST Inc.

The 50th anniversary of Earth Day is on April 22 and you can get involved. JUST is starting their campaign, #EarthEveryDay, on April 23 to recognize how anyone can make an impact no matter what day it is. Deciding what you eat is one of the largest individual impacts you can make. 

This might not make sense just yet, but let's look at the facts. Our food system accounts for 37% of greenhouse gas emissions. Meat and dairy provide only 18% of our calories, yet use up 83% of our farmland. Burning off fossil fuels and industrial agriculture leads to climate change, more destructive storms, rising seas, waves of refugees and disease.

Get Involved With #EarthEveryDay 

Photo Courtesy of Eat JUST Inc.

It is never to late to start making changes that will have a positive impact on the environment. The day after Earth Day (on 4/23), post a short video, Instagram story, or captioned photo to show what you’re going to eat for the planet. 

Some ways you can give back include trying a new plant-based recipe, participating in Meatless Monday or taking steps to reduce food waste. 

If you're looking for ways to get started, JUST has several zero-waste recipes and videos on their Instagram.

Don't forget to use the hashtag #EarthEveryDay and tag @EatJust on social media!

How JUST Gives Back To The Environment

Photo Courtesy of Eat JUST Inc.

JUST Egg is made from the ancient mung bean and is available in both a liquid and new folded JUST Egg form loaded with 5g – 7g of protein (equivalent to a chicken egg). It tastes just like an egg and is cholesterol-free, dairy-free, egg-free and non-GMO. 

JUST Egg helps give back to the planet because the brand uses a lot less land, water and CO2e to produce their product. To date, JUST has given back to the Earth by:

-Producing an equivalent of 30M chicken eggs

-Saved 1 billion gallons of water

-Saved 4.41 million kg’s of CO2e

-Saved 1,791 acres of land

Take this time to think about what small changes you can make to your daily routine that will have a huge impact on the environment.