I don't want to sound ungrateful for the Kit Kats we have here in America, but sometimes I want more than the predictable silky milk chocolate and crispy wafers I know I'm going to get. When I'm feeling adventurous, I want exotic flavors that'll make me think, "Holy moly, who thought this would be a good flavor?" Meanwhile, in Japan, they have dozens of Kit Kat flavors that'll make you think just that. Here are the 15 craziest Japanese Kit Kat flavors I wish were sold in the US. 

#SpoonTip: A few of these Japanese Kit Kat flavors aren't currently being sold in Japan, but all of these have been sold in Japan at one point. 

15. Red Chili Pepper

KitKat Yawatayaisogoro Ichimi (Hot Japanese Chili Flavor)

www.schoko-riegel.com on Flickr

This Japanese Kit Kat will surely blast your tastebuds with an interesting flavor. You might even need a glass of milk to calm down the spiciness of this Red Chili Pepper Kit Kat. While spicy chocolate isn't new, the concept of a spicy Kit Kat is.

14. Soy Sauce

soy sauce flavoured kit kats

BJ Carter on Flickr

If you're in the mood for Japanese or Chinese food, this Soy Sauce Kit Kat is for you. If you want to take this chocolate a step further, try melting it and using it as a substitution to soy sauce in your meal.

13. Apricot Seed

Lavandería en Tokyo

Antonio Tajuelo on Flickr

I've had apricots a few times, but apricot seed? That's a new one. You're not even supposed to eat apricot seeds, so this Japanese Kit Kat has some explaining to do. How do you make an apricot seed flavor if no one eats the seed of an apricot? I'm thinking too deeply now, so try this one for yourself and see what it tastes like.  

12. Apple Vinegar

Simon le nippon on Flickr

There's nothing more refreshing than a glass of apple vinegar, eh? Maybe we don't think that in America, but it could be a thing in Japan. Perhaps this Kit Kat tastes like a salt and vinegar chip, just with apple and chocolate added to it.

11. Strawberry

Kit-Kat Japanese packaging

renaissancechambara on Flickr

Finally, a basic flavor. I'm actually surprised we don't have Strawberry Kit Kats already. We have white, milk, and dark chocolate Kit Kats, so naturally, strawberry should be next in line.

10. Banana

I feel like Banana Kit Kats are similar to banana Laffy Taffy. You don't want to admit that you like the flavor—because who ever talks about their obsession with banana Laffy Taffy?— but when someone gives you a piece it's the best thing ever. I think Banana Kit Kats are like that. Once you get a bite of one, you'll be in love.

9. Ginger Ale

Kit-Kat Japanese packaging

renaissancechambara on Flickr

My annual consumption of ginger ale amounts to one cup a year when I'm sick, so why not take that consumption to the next level and have a Ginger Ale Kit Kat? I would love to have this Kit Kat next time I'm sick. It would be tasty and beneficial, maybe.

8. Royal Milk Tea

January 22

mlle-madeleine on Flickr

I've never had royal milk tea, but I think it would be pretty cool to try in Kit Kat form. Not to mention the decoration on this box is awesome. If I ever have a cup of royal milk tea, I'll want the matching Kit Kat to stir in.

7. Vegetable Juice

Japanese Kit-Kat packaging

renaissancechambara on Flickr

Apparently, we're supposed to eat between 5 and 13 cups of veggies every day. I think we all know that never happens in our daily lives, so let's raise a Vegetable Juice Kit Kat to that and chow down.

6. Sweet Potato

Sweet Potato Kit Kat

TenSafeFrogs on Flickr

Michelle Obama's favorite fall vegetable is a sweet potato, so do her proud by eating a Sweet Potato Kit Kat. If you ever eat sweet potato casserole around the holidays, forget that and try Kit Kat sweet potato casserole instead.

5. Cough Drop

Say what you want, but I actually like the taste of cough syrup. I don't go drinking it for fun or anything, but when I need to take some, I don't mind. If you have a twisted sense of taste like me, this Cough Drop Kit Kat provides the flavor we love, without the actual syrup.

4. Strawberry Cheesecake

KitKat Strawberry Cheese Cake Flavor

www.schoko-riegel.com on Flickr

Strawberry cheesecake is so simple, yet so divine. I can already feel the cheesecake chocolate melting in my mouth from looking at the picture on this box. Considering cheesecake can cost a fortune, this Kit Kat seems to be a less expensive way to get my fix.

3. Rum Raisin

KitKat Rum Raisin Flavor

www.schoko-riegel.com on Flickr

Finally, a flavor that can take the edge off when I'm having a hard day. Why on earth don't we have this Kit Kat here? We could all use some rum raisin every now and then. Don't get too hung up on the raisin part if you aren't a fan of them. I'm sure this Japanese Kit Kat flavor makes raisins taste good.

2. Green Tea

cheese
Ana Sofia Espinosa

The fact that we don't have this flavor in the US has me steaming. Green tea offers the perfect amount of flavor and sweetness when enjoyed regularly, so I can only imagine the nice balance of flavors in this Kit Kat.

1. Melon with Mascarpone Cheese

This is one of the wildest Japanese Kit Kat flavors I came across, and I'm confused and amazed at the same time. All I know is that I'm imagining sweet melon and mascarpone cheese combining right now, and I need a taste. Pull through and make this flavor available everywhere, Nestle.

If any of these flavors sound enticing to you, try traveling to Japan to get these unique Japanese Kit Kats. If a trip to Japan is out of the question right now, write a letter to Nestle and ask them to bring these Kit Kats to the US.