On June 20th, Jack Daniel's launched a content series in honor of Pride Month called "Jack Daniel's Tennessee Fire Presents Drag Queen Mukbang." The branded content series aims to blend two popular millennial food trends: mukbang and the drag queen brunch. More about this concept, what to expect and where to watch can all be found in this article, so let's get right into it. 

You don't want to miss this...

Photo Courtesy of Jack Daniel’s Drag Queen Mukbang

As you all know, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, is a world famous Tennessee Whiskey. The Jack Daniel's brand is teaming up with America’s leading drag queens for “Drag Queen Mukbang." If you love food, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire, laughs and a whole lot of fabulousness, you're definitely going to want to tune in.

For those who don't already know, mukbang is a popular social media video trend where hosts enjoy a variety of food while interacting with the audience. That being said, I know you Spoonies are going to love this series. New episodes of "Drag Queen Mukbang" are set to debut weekly with amazing talent, drool-worthy meals, fun surprises from Jack Daniel's, and so much more. 

Where and when can I watch?

As I mentioned, the four episode series debuted on June 20th via JackFirePride.com. The first episode featured Patrick Starrr (you can watch it here) and other episodes will feature more great talent like Gia Gunn (“RuPaul’s Drag Race” Season 6), Eugene Lee Yang (The Try Guys) and Laganja Estranja (“RuPaul’s Drag Race” Season 6). 

In compliance with stay-at-home orders, each episode was self-shot-by the hosts who also handled production and set design. 

For a purpose

While many people have been impacted by COVID-19, it has also negatively impacted the entertainment industry. As you all know, restaurants, bars, clubs, etc. have all been closed or operating at half capacity. Normally, these drag queens would be performing in front of a life audience at these venues, so you can imagine just how negatively they have been impacted. With venues being closed, Drag Queens have been forced to move their talent online. 

In this online series, the stars will come together to talk about the impact of COVID-19 on not only their own lives, but the lives of the LGBTQ+ community. Their off-the-cuff storytelling and testimonials will keep you hooked and the amazing purpose behind it will warm your heart (just like a shot of Tennessee Fire). 

Jack Daniel's parent company Brown-Forman has received a perfect score for 10 consecutive years on the Corporate Equality Index. Their aim to support LGBTQ+ communities has driven them to partner with GLAAD and various local nonprofits across the country. 

Premier dates

According to a June 16th press release, here are the anticipated dates for featured episodes. 

Patrick Starrr: One of the first “men in makeup” on YouTube, Patrick Starrr is a beauty guru pioneer who has amassed over 4 million subscribers and dolled up celebrities such as Kim Kardashian West and Paris Hilton. As an Orlando native, Patrick’s episode supports the following Florida nonprofits: Equality Florida, GaYBOR District Coalition, LGBTIQ Center Orlando, South Florida Pride Collective. (June 20)

Gia Gunn: A transgender contestant featured on Season 6 of “RuPaul’s Drag Race” and Season 4 of “RuPaul’s Drag Race: All Stars,” Gia is known for her iconic catchphrases and being an outspoken advocate for trans rights. (June 27)

Eugene Lee Yang: Best known for being 1/4 of The Try Guys, Eugene also has a drag persona — Cheyenne Pepper — who has hosted the 2018 Streamy Awards and performed alongside “RuPaul’s Drag Race” queens at last year’s VidCon closing ceremony. (July 4)

Laganja Estranja: A contestant on Season 6 of “RuPaul’s Drag Race,” Laganja was named one of “The Most Powerful Drag Queens in America” by New York Magazine and featured on the cover of its special issue alongside Gia Gunn. (July 11)

So, get ready to tune in to the upcoming episodes because you don't want to miss out! For more information, check out the official website here