Intuitive eating. It’s the new “anti-diet” that's absolutely incredible (in my completely unprofessional opinion). Intuitive eating (IE) is defined as a personal process of honoring health by listening and responding to the direct messages of the body in order to meet your physical and psychological needs. By completely removing diet rules and regulations, eaters can finally find harmony in eating patterns with zero guilt.

Social media can be full of body shamers and restrictive diets, but many registered dietitians are hopping on the bandwagon and promoting IE. I don’t know about you guys, but body-shaming social media is the last thing I need. Here are the top four Instagram IE influencers you must follow for wholesome, happy eating.

1. Hummusapien

Hummusapien is the first dietitian account I followed, and I’m still her number one fan. Alexis is a Registered Dietitian who posts absolutely gorgeous photos of her creations, all while not pushing any guilt onto her followers. Her scope includes period health, recipes, and inspirational words to aspiring intuitive eaters.

2. Wellness for the Win

Shanna Hutcheson, another registered dietitian, caught my eye with her ALDI food hauls, inspiring posts about eating, exercise, and creative dessert recipes. Meal prep is definitely her game, and there’s never a lack of inspo on her feed to help you get through your day.

3. Dietitian Anna

By far the most focused on positivity, Dietitian Anna only posts quotes rather than food. Whenever you’re feeling down, pop over to gain confidence and maintain that healthy relationship with your eats.

4. Streetsmart.rd

Cara Harbstreet's feed is a great combo of recipes and inspiration. With a 'fearless highlights' story on IE, she’s by far one of the most real RD’s with the best advice. Cara’s combination of drool-worthy creations and body positivity makes this account versatile and perfect for any mood.

IE does take time to get the hang of, so don’t be discouraged if it doesn’t happen overnight. At the very least, you’ll get some food for thought and some food for munching! Happy scrolling!