Roughly every month D-hall puts on a theme dinner, and the theme for the November dinner was Into the Woods. D-hall did not disappoint. The food was on point, which is always a welcome change from having burgers five days a week. They even made a cardboard cutout of a moose that spent the night hanging out by DIY. In case you missed it, here are some highlights.

1. Butternut Squash Ravioli with Apples

theme dinner

Photo by Karen Nolan

I could basically eat these every single day. Topped with apples, they were exactly what I needed after a long Wednesday. Hands down the best D-hall food of all time. Thank you pasta station. Check out how to make your own here.

2. Steak with Cranberry Wild Rice

theme dinner

Photo by Karen Nolan

D-hall serving steak? Usually a huge NO, but I made an exception because it was a theme dinner and I wanted to give D-hall a chance. Luckily for me, I was pleasantly surprised. Global served juicy steak and the cranberries took the rice to the next level. Nice work D-hall, nice work. Learn how to make steak here.

3. Smoothies

theme dinner

Photo by Karen Nolan

I personally think D-hall should serve smoothies all the time, and I finally got got my wish. Emily’s Garden had both mixed berry and mango, and my only complaint is that they don’t serve them more often. Get your smoothie fix here.

4. Chocolate Covered Everything

theme dinner

Photo by Karen Nolan

Just when I thought this theme dinner couldn’t get any better, D-hall surprised me again. Tucked away in a corner by the noodle bar was a table with tons of things you could cover in chocolate. They had everything from fresh fruit to marshmallows, and toppings like crushed Oreos and M&M’s. Check out all the things you can coat in chocolate here.