I hate to say it, but I’m the first to admit that whenever I Instagram, I’m all about the likes. I constantly check my Newsfeed because breaking new records is always an exciting milestone. I say this somewhat sarcastically, but in all honesty, I (probably just like almost all of you) really do love getting Instagram likes. So, during Junior year when seemingly almost every college student and their mother are off in Europe for a semester, how is it possible to make your Instagram stand out and optimize your “like” potential?

Here are five ideas that are bound for Instagram success in Florence:

1. Piazzale Michelangelo

This piazza offers the best Instagram options in the entire city. Its elevation allows for a view that displays the entire city- no landmark is left out! This place is perfect for a photo shoot, or for just sitting and enjoying the view with a bottle of wine.

Florence

Photo by Emily Steinberg

2. The Duomo

Located in the heart of Florence, this tourist attraction is one of architectural beauty and cultural magnificence. If you decide to climb to the top, you might be a little sweaty in your Instagram-worthy photo, but the view will definitely make up for that. If you don’t have the energy to climb the 463 steps, a simple picture of the stunning facade will suffice.

Florence

Photo by Emily Steinberg

3. Gusta Pizza

This famous restaurant tucked away in Piazza Santo Spirito offers the city’s best pizza. Recommended by Food Network Star Guy Fieri, this place definitely lives up to expectations. Gusta Pizza also makes for the perfect Instagram opportunity because they often prepare their pizzas in the shape of a heart.

Florence

Photo by Emily Steinberg

4. Golden View

Perfectly situated next to the Arno, this restaurant and bar offers a beautiful view of the river and Ponte Vecchio. It’s the perfect spot for an Instagram of either the view or of the beautifully elegant drinks that taste even better than they look.

Florence

Photo by Emily Steinberg

5. Cooking Classes

It’s always great to eat delicious food while studying abroad, but sometimes it can be fun to make your own food too! Luckily Florence offers many opportunities to do so – MaMa Florence, Giglio Cooking School and InTavola are just a few. Of course you have to show all your Instagram followers that you’re actually being productive while abroad and learning to cook!

Florence

Photo by Dylan Nieman

Now that you’re a pro, get yourself to Florence and start Instagramming!!