For almost a decade now, Nicki Minaj has become an important part of pop culture. With her many alter egos, she has transcended from a cute, little, female rapper to a well-rounded businesswoman who’s in charge of her music. In honor of the many phases of Nicki Minaj, here are some of her songs described through candy.

1. Super Bass: Starbursts

nicki minaj

Small. Sweet. Tangy. Adorable.

nicki minaj

Photo courtesy of buzzfeed.com

2. Pound The Alarm: Skittles

nicki minaj

GIF courtesy of Obono Mba-Madja

They’re the life of the party, they come in different colors, and they’re tasty. Plus, you can play party games with them because they’re so small.

nicki minaj

Photo by Jacqueline Canino

3. Right By My Side: Hershey’s

nicki minaj

GIF courtesy of Obono Mba-Madja

Here’s the truth: Hershey’s has probably been a part of your childhood since day one. It was there when you wanted a late night snack, when you first went trick or treating, and when you went through your first heartbreak. It’s timeless, dependable, and loyal AF.

nicki minaj

Photo by Jaqueline Canino

4. Anaconda: Payday

nicki minaj

GIF courtesy of tumblr.com

Nuts have protein and contain “good fats” for a fat a$$.

nicki minaj

Photo by Jacqueline Canino

5. High School: Sugar Daddies

nicki minaj

College is really expensive, and you’re bound to drown in debt unless you have a sugar daddy. Sugar Daddy’s come in different sizes, but still have that same great taste. They’ll satisfy when you feel like you’re down in the rut and help you get through the next 4 years.

nicki minaj

Photo courtesy of google.com

Monster: Snickers

nicki minaj

GIF courtesy of Obono Mba-Madja

This is actually a Kanye song but “watch the queen conquer,” which is exactly what Nicki did. In the video, she plays both of her alter egos, Harajuku Barbie and Roman Zolanski.

Roman is the type of person you don’t double cross unless you want to be in for some serious consequences, and Barbie is the “sugar, spice, and everything nice” kind of girl. Nicki just isn’t herself when she’s hungry.

nicki minaj

Photo by Jacqueline Canino