If you’re anything like me, midterms have you binge watching your favorite shows like no other. You’re also definitely stress eating. Since How I Met Your Mother is one of the greatest things ever created, second only to food, I figured why not combine the two?

Ted: Kale

How I Met Your Mother

Photo courtesy of nickatnite.com

I mean have you heard the way he says the word “Renaissance”? Ted is a guy we all know and love, but he definitely acts with a prestigious air. Like many health nuts, Ted is firm in his beliefs and can be a bit stubborn. Whether it’s falling in love too fast, spitting out random facts, or correcting his friends, Ted sure is stuck in his ways. While he may get annoying at times, in the long run you know he’s good for you.

How I Met Your Mother

Photo courtesy of @fatpplproblems on Instagram

Robin: Chocolate Cake

How I Met Your Mother

Photo courtesy of how-i-met-your-mother.wikia.com

Chocolate cake is a gift from God and you can’t help but fall in love at first sight. Just like how Ted never can never shake his feelings for Robin, Chocolate cake is timeless. I could have it every day and still want more.

How I Met Your Mother

Photo courtesy of @nashville_eats on Instagram

Barney: New York Strip Steak

How I Met Your Mother

Photo courtesy of listseriess.com

Super flavorful and proud of it’s origins, nothing screams New Yorker like a good juicy strip steak. A simple main course, it goes well with many sides. Mashed potatoes, creamed spinach, why choose just one when you can have them all?

How I Met Your Mother

Photo courtesy of cookdiary.net

Lily: Red Wine

How I Met Your Mother

GIF courtesy of tumblr.com

Lily, Lily, Lily. A woman of many personalities, or like wine, many flavor profiles. She is quite the acquired taste. Lily can be slightly bitter at first, but becomes more palatable once she warms up to you. She also has a unique sense of depth to her. Like wine, she’ll always be there for you when nothing else can make you feel better.

How I Met Your Mother

Photo courtesy of magazine.foxnews.com

Marshall: the “Robin Scherbatsky”

(coconut rum, peach schnapps, vanilla vodka, strawberry crème liqueur, cranberry juice and sugar garnished with maraschino cherries and served in a tall, stemmed glass with a swirly straw)

How I Met Your Mother

Like this flavorful drink, Marshall has many parts to him. Most importantly though he is always cheery and able to keep a smile on his face. While he may be a little girly at times, he doesn’t try to hide it. This soft spot is what makes him loved by everyone.

How I Met Your Mother

Photo courtesy of people.com

The Mother: “Sumbitch” Cookie

(peanut butter, chocolate, caramel)

How I Met Your Mother

Photo courtesy of tumblr.com

The perfect combination of salty and sweet. Everything you could ask for in a cookie. She compliments Ted’s sense of humor perfectly. She knows when to add that salty sarcasm but also when sweetness is needed. She’s always able to put people in a good mood, whether its by cracking a joke, offering a “sumbitch,” or both.

How I Met Your Mother

Photo courtesy of people.com

Victoria: Red Velvet Cupcake

How I Met Your Mother

A classic. Super sweet and many swear by it. Ted fell fast for Victoria and for a long time thought she was the one. However, there are also those who can’t stand Red Velvet, just like Ted’s friends who were not Victoria’s biggest friends. Yes, Red Velvet has its shining moments, but it will never come close to comparing to chocolate.

How I Met Your Mother

Photo courtesy of @nashville_eats on instagram

Stella: Veggie Burger

How I Met Your Mother

Photo courtesy of flavorwire.com

Just like New Jersey is “basically” New York, a veggie burger is “basically” a burger, right? No. And it never will be. Sorry Stella, valiant effort, but the truth is we were all glad you ran away with Tony. You’re not the real HIMYM deal.

How I Met Your Mother

Photo courtesy of thetolerantvegan.com

Ranjit: Ice Cream Sundae

how-i-met-your-mother-7x21-ranjit-cap-12_mid

His face says it all. Big and fluffy, with a cherry on top. From braving the streets of New York to drive to multiple parties in one night on NYE to simply being emotional support when the rest of the How I Met Your Mother crew wont listen, Ranjit is always there when you need him with a smile on his face.

How I Met Your Mother

Brad: Fully Loaded Bagel

How I Met Your Mother

Photo courtesy of hypable.com

Cream cheese, lox etc. you know the drill. A beautiful mess. From borderline dating Marshall in law school after going through a hard break up, to posing as unemployed and conning him into giving up his law firms secrets, we’ve seen Brad both falling apart and well put together. He’s definitely a loaded character, but no matter if he’s oozing at the sides or stacked high, he’s always pretty damn attractive.

How I Met Your Mother

Photo courtesy of @everything_bagels on Instagram

Carl: The Accidental Curly Fry

How I Met Your Mother

Photo courtesy of viralchow.com

This one’s for the true How I Met Your Mother fans out there because only they will get this reference. Carl is always lurking, waiting to make an appearance when you least expect it. At first you are annoyed when he butts in to the conversation, but you grow to appreciate his presence. Plus he’s a bartender. We need him.

How I Met Your Mother

Photo courtesy of thrillist.com