There are a lot of Boston activities everyone needs to hit up when in the city. Whether it's the winter or the summer, there's always something to do. What could make exploring the city even more enjoyable? The perfect food to go with it.

Red Sox Game

If you're in Boston, you have to see a Red Sox game in the historical Fenway Park. While you're there the most iconic and delicious thing to get is a soft serve in a Red Sox helmet. Not only is this a refreshing snack to keep you cool while you watch a game in the summer, but you can also keep the helmet as a souvenir. Start a collection for all the baseball games you see!

Ice Skating on The Frog Pond

Grab your skates and head to Boston Common to go ice skating at the Frog Pond. You can rent skates, lockers, get your skates sharpened, or even get a skating aid for kids who don't know how to ice skate. After a day of skating in the cold, warm up in the Frog Pond Cafe with a delicious hot chocolate to heat you up from the inside out. You can even grab a meal to fill you up after all the skating.

Exploring the North End

Walk around Boston's North End to explore the history and Italian area of the city. While you're walking around make sure to stop at Mike's Pastry and Modern Pastry to do a comparison of their cannolis. Weigh in on the age old debate on which place is better, and for a bonus get another cannoli from lesser known Bova's to spice up the competition.

Drinks on the Esplanade

On a warm day take advantage of the summer weather and sit outside on the esplanade. With a view of Cambridge and the Charles, it's the most picturesque place to soak in the sun and have a drink. Whether you stop by Owl's Nest, the summer pop-up, or you bring some Downeast with you, it's the perfect place to have a cider with some friends.

Shopping on Newbury Street

Newbury Street is filled with everything you could want. From comics to clothes, all your shopping needs will be fulfilled on this one street. Not only is it the best place for buying your loved ones gifts; it also has numerous food places to get some delicious snacks. I'm a big fan of walking down the street with some Amorino gelato in hand, but you can also grab some loukoumas from GreCo, or grab some cupcakes from Georgetown Cupcakes.

Make sure to check out these activities when you're in Boston. Can't find anything else to do?  Just walk around the city, you'll find samples of good food on every corner.