Starbucks just released their highly anticipated holiday drinks and there is a brand new item on the menu: the Iced Sugar Cookie Almondmilk Latte!

The new dairy-free drink has already created a buzz and the overwhelming reviews are very positive. After hearing about this new drink on the day it was released (Nov. 4), I knew I had to go get it that same day and try it.

Emily Faris

I’m a huge fan of all things Christmas, especially Christmas cookies and when I saw that Starbucks was practically turning a Christmas sugar cookie into a drink, I was immediately intrigued.

That same afternoon, I walked into my local Starbucks and the barista told me it had been her favorite drink for weeks (the baristas get sneak peeks of drinks and get to try them weeks before they are released)!

Now, let me unpack this drink a little further:

What exactly is the Iced Sugar Cookie Almondmilk Latte?

1. Almondmilk

2. Four pumps of sugar cookie syrup

3. Two shots of blonde espresso

4. Festive red and green sprinkles on top

My thoughts:

The drink itself tastes just like a sugar cookie. At first, I was skeptical of how Starbucks would be able to mimic a sugar cookie in a latte form, but I was quite impressed! It’s hard to pinpoint exactly what is in the cozy and nostalgic sugar cookie syrup, but it tastes just like those warm slice and bake sugar cookies you used to make with your grandma around the holidays! After tasting the initial sweetness from the sugar cookie syrup, you get a hint of that blonde roast espresso, giving the drink that familiar latte taste.

My recommendations & variations:

1. If you don’t like super sweet coffee drinks like me, I would highly recommend getting only two pumps of the sugar cookie syrup instead of the standard four pumps.

2. I also tried the drink with oat milk and I HIGHLY recommend oat milk because it gives it such an extra creaminess.

All in all, I highly recommend going today and ordering this new drink! Personally, it’s my favorite holiday drink Starbucks has released this year. The classic latte paired with that nostalgic sugar cookie moment makes this drink a new personal favorite for me and makes me want the holidays to come even faster!