There's nothing nicer than going home after a long day of walking from class to class in Miami humidity than having a nice bowl of ice cream. Yet this simple and enjoyable activity always seems to be ruined by the pain of trying to get the ice cream out of the carton. Not only have I broken spoons trying to scoop ice cream, but I also feel like I pretty much break my hand every time too. Of course going out for ice cream could solve this problem since someone else will be doing the scooping, but not everyone has the time or is able to get to an ice cream shop after class.

Thankfully, this isn't the only solution. The solution to this horrible problem is actually quite simple and doesn't even involve leaving your house. Although the science behind this method seems to be unknown, it works every time. 

Step 1: Put ice cream into a plastic bag

tea, coffee, beer
Julia Kohl

It really doesn't matter what type of plastic bag it is as long as you can close it. 

Step 2: Place the bag with the ice cream into the freezer door

tea, candy
Julia Kohl

Even though there's no science behind why the freezer door is the best place to put it, it still works better than putting it directly into the freezer. 

Step 3: Take the soft ice cream out of the freezer when you are ready to enjoy

cream, ice, milk, dairy product, chocolate, ice cream, sweet, coffee
Torey Walsh

Now that your ice cream isn't hard as a rock, you can enjoy it the second you take it out of the freezer. Say goodbye to your broken hands and arm aches and hello to pure perfection.