When the new Starbucks drink came out, I knew I had to try it. I've been loving Starbucks ever since I came to Clarion and there's a shop two floors down from my building. My friends and I tried the new Starbucks Zombie Drink, and we each had different responses on its taste quality.

First, let me tell you what is in the zombie drink. According to the Starbucks website, it contains: Ice, Milk, Crème Frappuccino Syrup [Water, Sugar, Salt, Natural And Artificial Flavor, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid], Zombie Mocha Drizzle [Mocha Sauce (Water, Sugar, Cocoa Processed With Alkali, Vanillin), Pink Powder (Dextrose, Fruit And Vegetable Color [Apple, Cherry, Radish, Sweet Potato])], Green Caramel Apple Powder [Dextrose, Fruit And Vegetable Color (Spirulina, Turmeric), Natural Flavors, Citric Acid].

Samm Hillegass

The Taste Results

Catie: It was so sweet. I was surprised by how sweet it was. The sour apple flavor came later. I think the biggest flavor was the caramel. That's what made it so sweet. I thought it was good, but I would never ever have it again.

Overall Rating: a small size 10/10, a large size 3/10 

Gabby: When I first tasted it, my thought was "that's disgusting" so I made a disgusted face. I thought it was the sweetest thing ever and I knew I couldn't drink the whole thing. It would hurt my stomach and I know I will never order this again.

Overall Rating: 0/10

Me: It tasted really sweet at first. It was like a sugar cube covered in honey. I was disappointed until I tried it again. I could finally taste the green apple. It had the sour taste I was looking for. The whipped cream was the weirdest part. It was a pink-purple color for starters. Then, it had a weird nutty taste. It kind of tasted like hazelnut. I realize now that it might have been the mocha drizzle and not a nutty flavor. I did like it though. It was strange, but I liked it a lot.

Overall Rating: 7.5/10

inside starbucks, coffee doodle, coffee drawing, starbucks drawing, Starbucks, drawing, doodle, coffee, espresso, chocolate, cookie
Shelby Cohron

So everyone had different opinions, but we learned that it wasn't as great as expected. It's a good experience to try something new! Just don't have your expectations too high when it comes to trying new things.