You know when you wake up and crave something savory, but have eaten one too many everything bagels lately? These are real problems that lazy, hungover college students face on the reg. Well, this past January, Starbucks released a new product that is changing the breakfast game: an Everything Croissant. For just $3.25, you can experience this new take on traditional breakfast foods.

I set out to try the new concoction, so I could tell you what it's all about. Here's what I thought:

The Appearance

Amy Schwartz

If a croissant got caught in a hailstorm of seeds, it would look a little something like the Everything Croissant. Or maybe if a regular croissant was going incognito, the seeds would be like Kylie Jenner's baggy sweatshirts, hiding her bump from the paparazzi. Next to predictable banana breads and blueberry muffins, the Everything Croissant is a bit of an intriguing mystery.

The Taste

Amy Schwartz

The taste of the Everything Croissant is very unique. Unlike an everything bagel, the croissant contains three kinds of cheese. There is a delicious asiago running through each bite, as well as Gruyère and Fontina. Because of these light but distinguishable cheesy flavors, the croissant takes on a more sophisticated taste than an everything bagel.

It tastes like you just woke up in a Paris hotel, and a Room Service waiter that looks and sounds like Oscar-nominated actor Timothée Chalamet speaking French has gifted you with his presence, espresso, and an Everything Croissant. 

As unsophisticated and contradictory this sounds to the European dream image I mentioned, the cheesy croissant truly has a Goldfish-like taste—in the best way possible. I mean, who doesn't like Goldfish? If a Goldfish cracker took a bath in a buttery batter and jumped into a pile of everything seasoning, it'd taste a little something like this.

The Texture

Amy Schwartz

The texture is a bit crunchy on the outside with just enough chewiness from the flaky inside. The seeds obviously add a little more bang with each bite, and really spice up (no pun intended) the average consistency of a croissant. I recommend ripping it rather than biting to get the full effect of the doughy insides.

Since it IS a croissant and not a bagel, the butteriness is not lost. Each bite there is that creamy, but not overwhelming, buttery feel. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. In the picture below, you can see some of the layers of deliciousness that stack up to create the inside of this product. 

Amy Schwartz

I would recommend this product to anyone who wants something ~classier~ than an everything bagel, but not as #basic as a croissant. Instead of eating an everything bagel from a local bagel store in NYC as you rush to your internship, this croissant has different sensual and relaxing connotations. 

Despite its cheesy flavoring, this product is anything but "cheesy." The concept is new and exciting, and I think it's something everyone should check out. Be prepared to bite into something like you've never had before.

**Espresso, a trip to Paris, and Timothée Chalamet not included in the purchase of this product.**