Over the past few months, I have made it my mission to try every possible meal delivery service company I could find. I realized that they were all delicious and I couldn't single certain ones out as good or bad. Since they are all the best meal delivery services (in my mind), I decided to break it down for you based on your lifestyle. I'm just warning you though: once you start doing food this way, it's hard to go back to life without meal delivery boxes.

HelloFresh: For the Nervous Beginner Chef

Rating: 5.5/10

HelloFresh was the first company that I tried out, so of course I was stoked about it. Although this is one of the most popular companies, I have to admit, I wasn't too impressed. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the food, but I've enjoyed other company's food much more. The recipes are easy for beginners though and the meals are pretty affordable coming out to (tops) $10/serving.

The yellow squash flatbread was my absolute favorite. I wasn't sure how I felt about it at first, but the second I took a bite, I was hooked. I also have to point out that the produce they shipped was extremely fresh, so they definitely have that going for them!

Home Chef: For the person who wants to feel like a real chef.

Rating: 10/10

Wow. That is the first word that came out of my mouth after taking a bite of the first meal I made with Home Chef. Plus, the way that they tell you to plate your meal (yes, they advise that you plate your food nicely) makes you feel like a michelin-starred chef. I was a huge fan of this company. Who knew that fish other than salmon were pink? I didn't until I had the trout dish pictured above and it was unbelievable. 

They also have plenty of deals where if you get a friend to order food from them, you each get a discount on your next orders. You can also go into specifics of what meat you want to avoid (great for pescatarians) or if you prefer low-calorie meals. These meals are also around $10/serving. 

#SpoonTip: Here's a link for $30 off your first order (;

PeachDish: For the person in need of some southern cooking.

Rating: 6/10

PeachDish works a little differently. You can order as few or as many meals as you would like each week as long as your order reaches $45 minimum. There are positives and negatives to doing things this way, but the biggest negative is that it leads to slightly pricier meals. With price aside, the meals themselves are delicious and always have a hint of the south in the recipes. They package all of their meals adorably as well. It felt like my grandma was sending me a package. 

#SpoonTip: Use this code 7CNCsyFC to get $10 off your first purchase! 

Freshly: For the person who just doesn't have time to cook meals.

Rating: 6/10

Freshly meals are pre-cooked and come ready to eat - all you have to do is put it in the microwave. The difference between Freshly and frozen meals from the grocery store is that Freshly meals are made fresh and never frozen. The ingredients are also healthier for you (usually). This is a great option for someone who doesn't even have the time in their schedule to get to the grocery store. Just remember, you will be paying for what you are getting - pre-made meals that you don't even have to shop for (I'm saying they are pricey). 

Green Chef: For the health conscious, organic food lover.

Rating: 8/10

Green Chef was one of my favorite companies that I tried. Everything is organic and the meals were delicious. Their meals come in at $11-$12 per serving, which is pretty reasonable for a completely organic meal. I would definitely suggest trying this one out if you are a lover of good food because that's all you'll be getting. 

#SpoonTip: Here is a link to get four free meals with your first order.

Marley Spoon: For the college student who is secretly a chef.

Rating: 5/10

I have to be honest, I was not the biggest fan of Marley Spoon. I had big expectations because this is Martha Stewart's brand, but I really was disappointed. The meals were subpar and they forgot to include some items that were part of the recipe. Luckily it was usually just the garlic, which I always have extra of in my house, but it still seemed a little lazy on their part. You had one job Martha, one job! The meals are also more involved and can get a bit confusing, so it's definitely something I would suggest a secretly pro chef college student to try out. 

Terra's Kitchen: For the person who's short on time, but still wants home-cooked meals.

Rating: 7/10

Terra's Kitchen is wild! I seriously was so amazed by this one. You get an actual cooler delivered to you with separate drawers filled with your pre-cut/sliced ingredients that you need. Everything is ready for you, all you have to do is mix the ingredients together. I also really enjoyed my food. The shelf life for these meals is much shorter than other companies because the ingredients are pre-cut, but it's really so worth it. Especially if you are wanting to cook your own meals, but don't want to deal with all of the meticulous chopping. 

#SpoonTip: Want $35 off your first order? I've got a link for that. (: 

Plated: For the person who needs those extra options.

Rating: 6.5/10

Plated is a delicious option. I found many of their dishes to be unique and I was satisfied with the meals I tried. What really stuck out to me about this company was that you have the option to order 2, 3, or 4 serving meals. That is an option no other company I ordered from had. You also get to pick from 2-4 nights per week. They do have a discount for your first order, but after that you'll be cashing in at about $12/serving of food. 

Blue Apron: For the student with way too much time on their hands.

Rating: 6/10

Blue Apron is delicious, don't get my wrong. I have been so satisfied with the meals I've ordered from them. The problem is that their recipes seriously take so long to cook. I don't think it's a me thing either because I haven't had any time issues with other companies. If you have enough time on your hands, I definitely suggest giving this one a try because the food really is great. 

Sun Basket: For the health conscious, organic loving student.

Rating: 8/10

Sun Basket and Green Chef have similarities when it comes to being organic, but that's pretty much where the similarities end. Sun Basket and Green Chef are both great options, but they definitely stand out as different from one another. I think Sun Basket is super fun because their meals are easy to cook, but are still absolutely delicious. They have a great selection of foods, plus meals start at $9.99/serving.

I hope you decide to try out one of these companies because I can assure you that you won't be disappointed. If you weren't impressed by any of these companies, there may be another company out there that is just right for you. Good luck joining the best meal delivery services because once you start, you won't want to go back.