I taste tested Peeps flavored Oreos and it was quite the experience. Let me start by saying that I love Peeps. I know there's some people out there who belong among the rankings of candy corn and conversation hearts, and I would like to state that those people are wrong.

Peeps are delicious. Marshmallows are great, and coating them in sugar is even better.

I also really, really love Oreos. They are great with milk, alone, or fried (Yes, really. Don't knock it 'til you try it.) So when I heard that there was a flavor that combined those two things I love most -- Peeps and Oreos, I was ecstatic.

cake, chocolate, candy, sweet
Ally Malecha

The Test

First and foremost, this Peeps Oreo taste test  started with the cream alone. In order to make the cream taste more like Peeps, they added little granules of pink sugar for a crunch. This didn't taste like Peeps at all. If you've ever had a Belgian waffle with sugar crystals in it, it was kind of like that.

And then there's the cookie. It's nothing special, just the standard Golden Oreo base. I think Golden Oreos are sacrilege, so it goes without saying that I didn't really like it.

When tried together, it basically just tasted like a Golden Oreo that had a malfunction where the cream wasn't mixed together well enough.

butter, chocolate
Ally Malecha

Additionally there were some . . . side effects. My tongue was BRIGHT PINK after eating them, and my teeth turned pink as well, like red wine teeth but more fluorescent.

These Oreos have been in the news lately for another, more exciting, side effect. The dye is so intense that it can carry all the way through your digestive system. I'll let you use your imagination there and determine whether or not you think that's a good thing.

Final Verdict

All in all, I was not too impressed by these Oreos despite being someone who loves both Peeps and Oreos. They're fun, but nothing noteworthy, and I'm not sure anyone should be ingesting anything THAT pink. Try at your own risk. And maybe only near your own bathroom.