The end of the pumpkin spice season marks the beginning of the best time of the year: peppermint season. During the winter season, there are minty treats around every corner, and at Trader Joe's, that is definitely no exception.

I often do my grocery shopping at Trader Joe's and over the years, I have noticed that they execute themes really well. I'm not much of a pumpkin spice girl, yet every single year I am guilty of being hooked on the Trader Joe's pumpkin spice Pop-Tarts. So when it comes to something I already love (such as peppermint), I go a little crazy. And admittedly, I went a little crazy this year.

I bought just about every single peppermint item I could find at Trader Joe's, and here is my review:

Candy Cane Joe Joe's

Sarah Varney

Rating: 5/5

These are 100% the winner of the haul. These are a classic, and honestly the reason I decided to write this article. I make sure to pick up a box of these every year to have on hand for the holiday season. I have yet to meet somebody who doesn't like them. They are pretty much just a better quality Oreo with some candy cane crunch in the middle. It's the perfect mix of chocolate and mint.

Dark Chocolate-Covered Peppermint Cremes

Sarah Varney

Rating: 4/5

These are essentially a massive Junior Mint with candy cane sprinkled on top. Nothing to complain about here except I thought they were a bit too large for my liking. Definitely tasty though, a very good choice for anyone who loves a chocolate and mint combo. 

Candy Cane Green Tea

Sarah Varney

Rating: 3/5

With this item, I felt a bit biased because I am not much of a tea drinker. The only teas I seem to like are either chai or iced, so as you can probably guess, this wasn't something I enjoyed. Although to get a more fair rating, I had some friends and family members try it! Now my mom is in love with this tea, and my friends enjoyed it as well. So if you already like hot tea I would definitely recommend, but if not I would probably continue to stay away. 

Dark Chocolate Minty Mallows

Sarah Varney

Rating: 1/5

Not going to lie, I was thoroughly disappointed by this sweet treat. In comparison to the others, this one seemed pretty flavorless. If you are a fan of a very subtle minty taste then this might be the treat for you. I think that the best use for these might just be to pop a few of them into a cup of hot cocoa for a little hint of festive flavor.

Peppermint Hot Chocolate

Sarah Varney

Rating: 2/5

Warning: If you hate spearmint DO NOT buy this. I think the reason I was so taken aback was that even though the container says peppermint, this hot chocolate tastes like it has spearmint in it. If you chew different kinds of minty gum you'll know what I mean. I don't personally hate spearmint, but I felt like I had been tricked when I took my first sip. 

Dark Chocolate-Covered Joe Joe's

Sarah Varney

Rating: 3/5

These are essentially the first product I reviewed covered in more dark chocolate and topped with candy cane sprinkles. It's  chocolate overload! If you are a chocolate fanatic and can never have too much, I would recommend this treat to you. But in my personal opinion, I would much rather prefer just a regular peppermint Joe-Joe.

Peppermint Pretzel Slims

Sarah Varney

Rating: 5/5

This was my first time ever trying these and they are AMAZING! If you already love yogurt-covered pretzels, you're going to enjoy these. They are the perfect mix of sweet and salty and surprisingly the peppermint pairs really well with both of the flavors. My only complaint is that the bag isn't big enough, so if you're hosting a party, I'd purchase more than one.

Chocolate Peppermint Almond Beverage

Sarah Varney

Rating: 4/5

This stuff is amazingly dairy-free! I tried it many different ways and realized there are some ways I prefer it and some ways I don't. For instance, just drinking it cold like chocolate milk is fine, but definitely not my first choice. My first choice would actually be to heat it up in a mug like hot chocolate and pop a few marshmallows in.

This is a hassle-free minty hot beverage that you could serve your friends and look like you spent a lot of time on it! (Hint: this stuff is also AMAZING to substitute in for your milk in your morning coffee - if you're trying to treat yo' self).

I hope you enjoyed my review of these Trader Joe's peppermint items! Perhaps this will make it a little easier for you when you're looking for a sweet treat to buy your friend or when you're looking for some treats for a holiday party.

If you're looking to check out another Spoon article on peppermint treats here's one of my favorites.

Happy Holidays, everyone!