"This is a jumbo coffee morning. I need coffee in an I.V." is the legendary statement from Lorelai Gilmore herself. Throughout all the seasons of the Gilmore Girls, coffee is one of the stars of the show. Lorelai and Rory drink coffee for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. Whether they grab a cup from Luke's Diner or are brewing up one for themselves, they always have one in their hands. I drank coffee like a Gilmore Girl for a day.  Here are the phases I experienced during my coffee overdose.

1. Perfect Way to Start a Day

I grabbed a cup of joe on my way to work today, feeling ready to accomplish the day. I ordered a black ice coffee from Starbucks. Morning coffee is part of my usual schedule, so I already felt like I was in true Gilmore Fashion. 

2. The Crash

Half way through my day, I experienced a coffee crash. I was so tired and needed another cup to get me up and running again, just like Lorelai. 

3. The Jitters 

Okay, I was three cups into my day and they have all been black coffee. I had the jitters while sitting at my desk and my hands were slightly shaking. Was that a normal Gilmore trait?

4. The Realization

I was well aware that I had TOO much caffeine that day, but what was another small cup going to do. As soon as I got home from work, I brewed up some French Vanilla with steamed milk. Perfect way to end a tiring day. 

5. The Regret

Never again. I repeat, never again will I be able to have four cups of coffee in one day. That night I was so caffeinated, I couldn't get any sleep. I have a deep love for coffee, but not like the Gilmores.

Out Come 

I drank coffee like a Gilmore Girl for a day and expereienced every caffeinated phase. The love, the hate, the crash, and the regret. I can see why Lorelai and Rory love coffee so much; its so dang good! But my overdone coffee journey is over. The lesson I learned from this experiment is that moderation is key.