The holidays are just around the corner, and what better way to prepare than to get tips from a pro chef. That’s right, Chef David Rose, the spokesperson for Omaha Steaks, is here for all of your cooking needs. Omaha Steaks hosted the virtual event, 'Holiday Trends: Holiday Solutions,' that gave insight into their products and how to approach the holiday meals this year. I attended the event, and here is what I learned.

According to Omaha Steaks, about two-thirds of Amercians plan to try new recipes this year. If you are hopeless on big holidays in the kitchen like me, then I would seriously consider ordering pre-made meals. With the company’s gift sets, you can get meats, sides, and desserts all in one. I personally tried the Bacon-Wrapped Filet Mignon with Individual Scallop Potatoes and the Caramel Apple Tartlets. Two words: Easy AND Delicious.

Not only did my family love these cuts, but I also learned how to cook the perfect steak in time for the holiday rush. I found that Chef Rose’s method of sear-roasting worked incredibly well. He recommended using salt, pepper, butter, garlic powder, and thyme to season the meat in a cast-iron pan. Then you flip the steak over, and baste all of those ingredients on top. After this is completed, you place the iron pan in the oven at 300 degrees for the best steak of your life. And I’m not being dramatic, I promise.

With the craziness of the holidays, it is recommended that you get your online shopping done early this year. If you are not a fan of red meat, Omaha Steaks also has a poultry and seafood line. In order to prepare for Thanksgiving, I learned that you should thaw out the Turkey three days before the big day. You read that right, THREE. Chef David Rose explained that preparedness and readiness will give you the perfect meal. Use some salt, brown sugar, and honey to get that delicious flavor.

If you really want to impress the family, you can also make your own compound butter to lather on the dish. Compound butter can be your own variation of regular butter with added seasonings (salt, rosemary, and other herbs). If you use these tips, you’re sure to come out successful.

In case you haven’t learned enough yet, Omaha Steaks has also paired up with Wine.com for the perfect wine gift basket to pair with your meat orders. I’ll take all of the white wines pleaseeee. If you are cooking a special meal for the fam this year, use Chef Rose's pointers or grab some holiday gift baskets. You can even pass off some of these pre-made dishes as your own- I mean, who would really know;)