Looking for a creative way to spice up your pregames? The shots and ladders drinking game's got your back. This adult twist on a childhood classic will be sure to bring a little something extra to the table to make a memorable night... or at least one you wish you could remember. 

Materials 

Ansley Bird

Go ahead and get yourself a presentation board or an extra large poster board. I personally recommend the trifold presentation boards because experience has taught me that these tend to last a little longer, but either works. Everywhere from Amazon to Target to CVS sells these, so go ahead and pick one of these babies up.

Ansley Bird

Next you're gonna wanna snag some waterproof pens-- emphasis on the waterproof. Seriously trust me on this. With a game like this, it's all too easy to 1) smudge while you play when someone spills, and 2) smudge when you're creating the game, which is incredibly annoying and time consuming to fix.

Board Design

Ansley Bird

After you've got your board and pens, find a ruler and a pencil and sketch out how many tiles you wanna create. Keep in mind that you're going to have to fill all the tiles, so make sure you don't bite off more than you can chew. I personally recommend that you come up your challenges and where you would like to place them before you being creating the tiles. Trust me, it will save you a lot of time later on. 

Add Chutes and Ladders

Ansley Bird

Next, add in your chutes and ladders. If you choose to have a lot of tiles, I suggest that you counter that with more ladders than chutes to prevent the game from going too slowly. Remember that a player will be moving to different tiles when they land on these, so make sure to place the challenges at the top or bottom of them, depending on which they land on. 

Fill Tiles

Ansley Bird

Now, here's the fun part. This is where you get to flex those creative muscles and go ham with some fun illustrations. I recommend that you do the quicker challenges closer towards the start of the board to get the game going and create some momentum. 

Have Fun!

Ansley Bird

Have fun and drink responsibly ;)