It's one of the most iconic scenes in movie history: Audrey Hepburn in that famous Givenchy gown, munching on a  croissant and sipping a coffee as she stares into the storefront windows of Tiffany & Co. Who hasn't dreamed of having their own Breakfast at Tiffany's?

Well, last November, Tiffany & Co did just that—they opened the "Blue Box Cafe" on the fourth floor of their flagship store located on 5th Ave and 57th Street in New York City. Unfortunately for us, menu prices for a full breakfast start as low as $32, not to mention the long wait list and waiting times to get seated. Though it might take some time to get into the actual store, who said you couldn't make your own Breakfast at Tiffany's at home?

The "Breakfast at Tiffany's" Breakfast

Price in Store: $32

What you get: coffee or tea; croissant with nutella, honey butter, and fruit preserves; seasonal fruit and berries; your choice of smoked salmon and bagel stack, coddled egg, avocado toast, or buttermilk waffle.

Coffee or Tea at Home

coffee, tea, chocolate, milk, cream, sweet, espresso
Julie Lau

Price At Home: $1 to $6 without taxes

What you get: Instant coffee or tea! I personally live off of the instant stuff due to it being so much cheaper and faster than having to brew my own out of a machine. Not to mention, coffee creamer or honey run for about the same price at your local grocer, and that's only $6 to enjoy your own delicious pre-breakfast pick-me-up.

Croissant with Nutella, Honey Butter, and Fruit Preserves

butter, dough, croissant, pastry, sweet, bread, basket, flaky, buttery
Julia Gilman

Price at Home: $3 for croissants, $3 for 7.7 oz of Nutella, $3 for a tub of Land 'O' Lakes honey butter, $3 to $5 for a jar of fruit preserves.

Total: $12 to $14

What you get: Warm, buttery croissant's fresh out of the oven to fill your home with the smell of fresh baked goods. Every grocery store sells that beautiful tube of crescent rolls, ready for you to make at a moments notice. With the same buttery, flaky consistency as a croissant, there's no reason to go through all the hassle of making your own.

Fresh Fruit

sweet, Whole Foods Market, Whole Foods, Fruit, mango, orange, kiwi, blueberry, jar of fruit, strawberries, strawberry, grape
Shelby Cohron

Price: Varies but a pre-cut fruit bowl for one person is around $5

What you get: the non-hassle way of getting your serving of fruit for the day while feeling boujie as heck. Serve it in some of your finer china and who's to say you aren't at Tiffany's?

The Main Event

Avocado Toast: Avocado's aren't the cheapest fruit in the world, but you can learn how to buy them for cheaper. After the avocados, all you need is some of your favorite bread ($5) and some good leafy greens or radishes ($3) and you have some real #InstaWorthy avocado toast you don't need to travel all the way to New York for.

Coddled Egg: This is probably going to be the oddest thing to recreate, but not as complicated as it may seem. A coddled egg is essentially just a soft boiled egg and this is the easiest way to coddle one (you can get half a dozen eggs for about $3 at the grocery store). The Blue Box Cafe also serves it with soft polenta which is essentially boiled cornmeal, but I would suggest taking some toast and dipping it into your egg. On the side, they also serve asparagus ($2 a pound) and chicken sausage ($8 to $10).

Smoked Salmon and Bagel Stack: This is going to be the most expensive option because of the salmon. You can buy smoked salmon at the store for around $15 that's pre-packaged so you don't have to worry about cooking it yourself. After that just grab your favorite kind of bagel ($5 to $8), some tomatoes (around $3), red onions ($3), and capers ($2) and you're ready for a fancy meal.

Buttermilk Waffle: If you don't have a waffle maker don't fret about this delicious option. Retreating back into your childhood days, travel down the frozen food aisle and grab a box of Eggo's buttermilk waffles ($4) and throw those suckers into the toaster. You can dress them up fancy or just serve them with syrup and fruit like the Blue Box Cafe does.

Going to New York City might not be a feasible goal for a lot of people, myself included. It may dampen the dream of living like Holly Golightly and eating our breakfast in fancy gowns, but now that you know how to make your own Breakfast at Tiffany's at home, the dream is alive and well.