15,000 plastic takeout containers are wasted each SEMESTER on Bucknell’s campus. Sure, these containers could be recycled, but that just uses even more energy. Besides all the other junk that college kids waste every year, why not do your part in helping the environment by doing what college students are best at (or second best at) EATING.

environment

Gif courtesy of 30 days of tinder

Starting 9/8/15 you can purchase a reusable takeout container in the Terrace Room or in the Caf for just $5.00 (yes dining dollars AND campus dollars are accepted). AND GUESS WHAT??? YOU NEVER HAVE TO WASH IT. EVER.

environment

Photo by Dannah Strauss

Once you purchase the container and use it in all of its glory, you can bring it to either the Bostwick Cafeteria or the Terrace Room and they will give you squeaky clean one right then and there.

Not only can we prevent wasting energy and plastic, but we can prevent wasting food too. These awesome containers come with compartments so you can perfectly portion your servings.

environment

Gif courtesy of huffingtonpost

If you often eat too much, you now have a simple way to not stuff yourself to death; if you often take too much food that you can’t finish, you can now practice self control by only filling the container with the amount of food that fits in each compartment. Capische?

environment

Gif courtesy of Giphy

Let’s be real…wasting plastic, energy and, of course, food ain’t cute.

environment

Gif courtesy of somegif