What better time than the summer to get that perfect, glowing skin and luscious locks that you've always desired?! Those endless nights of scrolling on Instagram and Pinterest, envying the perfection of your favorite celebrities and wondering what you have been doing wrong no longer need to happen. You don't have to question how you can obtain the coveted skin and healthy, shiny hair of these superstars anymore because this whole time the answer has been right under your nose...or rather, right under the spice rack. 

Spending so much time at the beach or in the pool during the summertime can be really drying to your hair and skin. It is really important to take care of yourself during the summertime. 

Now, before you go all Breaking Bad and start experimenting with different *magical* food ingredients, remember the oldest trick in the book - good health comes from drinking plenty of water! Staying hydrated is, and always will be, the most important factor in achieving healthy, luminescent skin and hair. For the yummiest and best water drinking methods check out these infused water recipes here! 

Without further ado, here are a few simple recipes for summer-ready hair and skin that you can create without having to leave the house!

DIY Coffee Body Scrub

1 Cup of Coffee Grounds (Grinds)

1 Cup of Raw Sugar

1/2 Cup of Coconut Oil

All you have to do is combine the ingredients in a bowl, mix them, and voila! 

This scrub will not only smell amazing but will leave your skin feeling super smooth. Use it once a week to keep your skin looking and feeling its best.

#SpoonTip: For even more awesome results, use it before shaving!

DIY Turmeric Face Mask

The herb turmeric has a lot of health benefits, including the fact that it's amazing for your skin. A quick warning before making this mask: it does stain everything a dark dandelion shade. But have no fear; thanks to beauty guru, Huda Kattan, your skin will not be harmed. 

1 Teaspoon Turmeric

1 Teaspoon Raw Organic Honey

1 Teaspoon Natural Yogurt

1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice (optional) 

Mix the ingredients in a bowl until it is a thick paste that will stay on your face. Leave it on for 20 minutes and rinse will cool water. Use a cotton pad and facial toner to even out your skin after using the turmeric. Put on your favorite moisturizer, and you're done! You'll notice a difference in your skin right away. Huda Kattan recommends using the mask every few weeks for best results! 

Avocado Hair Mask 

1 Soft Avocado

1/2 Cup Organic Coconut Milk

1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil 

Blend all of the ingredients in the blender until smooth and apply to freshly-washed hair. Make sure you pay close attention to the dry areas and the ends of your hair! Then, wrap your hair up and cover it with a shower cap. Leave it in for at least one hour (which we all know is plenty of time to sneak in an episode of your favorite Netflix show). Once you rinse it out, enjoy your moisturized, shiny, supermodel-level hair!