You know that creamy, light orange sauce on a juicy Big Mac? It’s McDonald’s Special Sauce, and the burger chain wants you to enjoy a bottle for yourself. McDonald's is giving away 10,000 bottles to customers across America, and we know where to snag one.

milk, salad dressing, beer
Marina Nazario

We knew something big was happening this week at McDonald's, and here it is. For the first time ever, McDonald's is making its Special Sauce available to the public in the US. It sold smaller bottles of the sauce in Australia for 50 cents a piece, according to Business Insider. The company is doing this now to honor Big Mac founder Michael “Jim” Delligatti, who passed away in 2016

We got our hands on one of these bottles and couldn't be more excited. Our burger game is about to turn up. McDonald's shared with us a few ways that customers can get their hands on one of these coveted bottles of Big Mac Special Sauce.

Download the iMessage App

cheddar, tomato, bun, cheese, lettuce, sandwich, hamburger
Photo courtesy of McDonald's

This isn't the first time McDonald has used iMessage to help customers find an exclusive item. Remember the McRib App? Yeah, I still check that every once and a while. To help customers find Big Mac Special Sauce bottles in their area, McDonald’s created an iMessage app that highlights the nearest restaurant where the limited edition bottles will be available.

If a customer finds a location near them that sells the sauce, they need to go to that restaurant and share the code "there's a Big Mac for that" at the cash register. Quantities vary by location. So don't wait if you find a McDonald's near you that has the sauce.

Live Giveaway

beer
Marina Nazario

Don't worry if you don't have an iPhone. McDonald's is giving customers a chance to win a bottle through its social media platforms. McDonald's will host random live giveaways through its Facebook, Twitter and Instagram...so I guess you should be following them for a chance to score a bottle. Maybe another fast food Twitter roast will ensue. That would be entertaining. 

The bottles will be available to the public on January 26th. This also comes on the same day that Taco Bell is rolling out the Naked Chicken Chalupa. I smell competition. There are only 10,000 Big Mac Special Sauce bottles that McDonald's is giving away. So don't miss the opportunity to get your hands on one of these exclusive giveaways.