UPDATE:

The Golden State Warriors stole Game 3 from the Cleveland Cavaliers in the NBA Finals (well, they stole all the games really). Thanks to their win and Taco Bell's latest promotion, Americans can get free tacos today, June 13. Head to your local participating Taco Bell from 2-6pm to claim a free Doritos Locos Taco. Only one per customer, but still, it's a free taco. 

Originally Published on May 30, 2018

The NBA Finals, a showdown between returning front-runners the Golden State Warriors and the Cleveland Cavaliers, starts tomorrow, May 31. But even if basketball isn't your game, or you're sick of watching Steph Curry play with his mouthguard and LeBron complain about the ref's calls, you'll probably still be interested in this game-time promotion. For the third year in a row, Taco Bell is hosting it's "Steal a Game, Steal a Taco" deal and giving fans a chance to wine free tacos.

How the Promo Works

Photo courtesy of Taco Bell

The "Steal a Game, Steal a Taco" promotion gives all fans around the US a chance to win a free Doritos Locos Taco. The first time that the away team wins on the home team's turf during the Finals, fans will get a cheesy, crunchy taco, no matter which team you're rooting for.

How You Can Claim Your Free T-Bell

You gotta pay attention for this part, or at least diligently check Taco Bell's social media pages for a free taco announcement. 

If the Cavs (the road team) win Game 1 or 2, or if the Warriors (the road team in this case) win Game 3, all of America will get a free Doritos Locos Taco that they can pick up on Wednesday, June 13 from 2-6pm local time at all participating US Taco Bell locations. 

If the Warriors (again, the road team) win Game 4 or 6, or the Cavs win Game 5, everyone can claim their tacos on Wednesday, June 20 from 2-6pm local time. 

It might sound a little like a long shot that all of America would be treated to tacos with this set up, but really, it's not that hard to win. Last year fans got free tacos when the Warriors stole Game 3 in Cleveland, and in 2016 when the Warriors won Game 4. So, maybe keep your eye on Cali, or again, at least on Taco Bell. Team Free Doritos Locos Tacos is generally the best team to root for.