Labor Day is arguably one of the best holidays. There are zero commitments or themes—just you celebrating your hard working self with a day off from work or school. This Labor Day, pat yourself on the back and snag a free Dairy Queen Blizzard while you're at it. You deserve it. 

How to Get a Free DQ Blizzard

First, you'll need to download DQ's new app (because of course, there's a catch). Once you've done that, you'll receive weekly deals on treats, food and bevvies that are redeemable at all participating Dairy Queen locations in the US (excluding Texas).

One of the first ice cream deals includes a free small Blizzard, which you can actually use today through Sept. 4. You can also snag a $4 Burger & Blizzard combo, which comes with your choice of a cheeseburger or the KC BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger, and a mini Blizzard of your choosing. 

Of course, if you don't want any more apps taking up the space on your phone, you can always see if your local Dairy Queen location participates in the "upside down or it's free" deal. If your DQ can't serve your Blizzard upside down (aka it's not thick enough to stay in the cup), you get a freebie. Tbh, your odds are better with app, though.

There's a New Fall Blizzard Flavor

Dairy Queen

If Starbucks' early release of the PSL already has you pulling out the ol' Uggs, good news, friends—Dairy Queen is also releasing a new Pumpkin Pie Blizzard on Sept. 3. The treat mixes vanilla soft serve with pumpkin pie pieces, and is topped with whipped topping and a sprinkle of nutmeg.

Think of it as an upgraded pumpkin pie à la mode, without the Thanksgiving dinner (and minus Aunt Susan interrogating you on all your life goals).

Keep in mind, as most seasonal things are, this new flavor will only be available for a limited time. So, you'll want to try it now, especially while you can get it for free.