I truly don't understand why kale is getting so much attention. Yes, it has many benefits but there are so many other superfoods in the world that aren't receiving the attention they deserve such as spinach. Not only does spinach contain antioxidants that aid in diabetes management, it also aids in cancer prevention, asthma prevention, bone health, and lowering of blood pressure. Furthermore, this leafy green is a great source of iron, vitamins such as Vitamin A, protein, and minerals. Best part about spinach is that it can be incorporated into every meal.

Usually when you think of spinach a salad comes to mind but there are so many different ways to prepare it. Delicious in both sweet and savory dishes, this veggie is a great addition to your next meal.

Breakfast: Green Smoothie Bowl

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, and I like to start off my day with something that's delicious, nutritious, and filling. This is the meal that needs to power you from the minute you leave your house until lunch time. I couldn't think anything better for breakfast than a big and colorful smoothie bowl. This green smoothie bowl is packed with fruits and veggies like spinach, banana, pineapple, and mango. The best part is that you can add whatever toppings your heart desires. 

#SpoonTip: Top off you smoothie bowl with granola, dried cranberries, coconut flakes, chia seeds, goji berries, flax seeds, cocoa nibs, extra fruit such as berries, or even just a drizzle of honey to bring you breakfast to the next level.

Lunch: Spinach & Artichoke Grilled Cheese

spinach, sandwich, chicken
Tess Wei

Forget about that sad PBJ that you always have for lunch and try something with a bit more flavor. This meal is a mash up of two favorite comfort foods — grilled cheese and spinach artichoke dip. It's crispy, creamy, gooey, and ready in a matter of minutes. This grilled cheese would go perfectly with a cup of tomato soup or on its own. 

Snack: Spinach Tots

Instead of grabbing that frozen bag of boring tater tots, try something new like these cheesy spinach tots. In just under 30 minutes, you have yourself a healthy snack that will keep you going until dinner. Enjoy them with some ketchup on the side as pictured above or dip them in your favorite hummus. 

Dinner: Baked Salmon With Garlic Spinach

vegetable, meat, sauce, chicken, parsley
Shalayne Pulia

The best meals are the ones you can put in the oven and forget about for a while. With only 10 ingredients, this baked salmon is an easy and nutritious dinner for a busy night. Not only do you get tons of vitamins and minerals from the spinach, salmon is a great source of protein and rich in Omega-3, a.k.a. brain food.

Dessert: Baked Lemon Spinach Donuts

Yes, finally time for dessert...with spinach, just in case you were wondering. Although this donut may look like it tastes like salad, the flavor of spinach fades as the donut bakes. The spinach acts as a natural food coloring, leaving behind only the amazing color and extra nutrients. The donut itself has a citrusy flavor from the addition of lemon and a touch of sweetness from the lemon glaze. Now that's a good way of sneaking in veggies.

There are so many different ways to incorporate spinach into your diet that go beyond salad. Not only does it work in savory dishes, this amazing leafy green also makes great desserts and smoothie bowls. Forget about getting spinach stuck in your teeth, you can always floss, and add this nutritious green veggie into your next meal. If you're looking for more recipes that use spinach, check out this website