Sushi is amazing. Habachi is great. But dessert is what I really look forward to when I go out for Japanese food. That's right, mochi ice cream. If you don’t know, the iconic Japanese dessert is a ball of ice cream that is wrapped in a sweet dough made of rice flour. Traditional flavors of mochi include strawberry, green tea, and mango.

If your favorite way to eat ice cream is wrapped in a sweet and chewy dough, you are in luck. A company called My/Mo Mochi Ice Cream makes delicious mochi ice cream in a wide range of flavors that would satisfy any dessert craving. But here's the catch: My/Mo Mochi Ice Cream ships their products nationwide on Amazon, and is carried by many grocery stores. Listed below is my unofficial ranking of some of My/Mo's amazing flavors of mochi ice cream (2 of which are vegan!).

6. Mint Chocolate Chip 

While I did rank this flavor last on my list, by no means do I think that this flavor is anything less than great. I am not the biggest fan of mint ice cream, but if you are, this flavor is for you. The cool and minty ice cream with plenty of chocolate chips went perfectly with the chewy mochi dough. 

5. Vegan Chocolate 

If anyone were to tell me that this flavor is vegan, I would have never guessed. The ice cream was creamy and tasted delicious with the sweet rice dough. Vegans, you are in luck because this mochi ice cream tastes just like the real thing. They replace the dairy in the ice cream with creamy cashew milk. It makes the vegan version of their mochi ice cream just as delicious as their non-vegan offerings.

4. Double Chocolate Chip 

This flavor is all about the chocolate. The non-vegan version ranked just slightly higher than its vegan counterpart because of its slightly richer taste and creamier texture. If you are a chocolate lover like me, you will go crazy for this flavor.

3. Cookies and Cream 

Cookies and cream ice cream is arguably the best flavor out there. So, when you wrap a scoop in sweet, chewy mochi dough, you know you'll have a winning dessert. This flavor is everything you have ever dreamt of, and you should not pass it up.

2. Vegan Salted Caramel

Vegan. Salted. Caramel. Yes, you read that right, folks. This flavor featured amazing vegan salted caramel ice cream that was the perfect balance between sweet and salty. That amazing flavor of ice cream wrapped in mochi dough? Yes, please.

1. Ripe Strawberry

Classic strawberry mochi ice cream takes the number one spot. The strawberry flavor was natural and perfectly sweet. While I am not always a strawberry ice cream person, this flavor was absolutely perfect. It shows how sometimes, classics are the best.

Bonus: Mochi Ice Cream Pints

My/Mo Mochi Ice Cream does not stop at just mochi ice cream. They also make 5 flavors of amazing ice cream pints that are loaded with mochi bits. The ice cream is so flavorful and creamy, and the mochi adds the perfect texture to each bite. 

If you are interested in getting some of this mochi ice cream for yourself (which you should be), you can use their store locator to find out where My/Mo Mochi Ice Cream is sold near you. You can also search their website for all of their flavors and products. Now you know that you don't have to go out for Japanese food to get some amazing mochi.