Dieting is not for everyone, an overwhelming list of must eats and can't eats, a scheduled day to day meal plan and promises of extraordinary results. Let me be clear, that is not what this article is about. This is about not having to sacrifice for the healthy hair and flawless skin that you deserve. Here you will find a short gathering of four foods (and one drink) that can be easily implemented into your weekly meals, won't have you dreading eating, and will lead you to the results you desire.

vegetable, spinach
Kathleen Lee

Spinach

As a rule of thumb, the darker the green, the more nutritious the vegetable is. You may be thinking, of all greens, why spinach? It includes multiple B vitamins, anti-inflammatory omega-3 fats and high iron levels, leading to spotless skin and fast-growing, strong, healthy hair. Luckily, spinach is non-discreet and won’t drastically change the flavor of any salad it’s added to.

chocolate, coffee, candy, sweet, milk chocolate, milk
Christin Urso

Dark Chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)

I know what you’re thinking, dark chocolate is no milk chocolate. Think of it as an acquired taste, like beer or red wine. Dark chocolate aids hair growth, provides your skin with moisture, protects it from UV rays and reduces stress, leading to reduced stress wrinkles. Now your chocolate fix will satisfy you, your hair and your skin.

lemon, water, lemonade
Caroline Liu

Water

Basic, I know. Although this is not something you eat, it is perhaps the easiest thing to add to your daily diet. The health benefits of any food is constantly disputed, but water has no downfalls. It flushes toxins out of your system and keeps all aspects of your body, in addition to your hair and skin, happy. As cliche as it sounds, water does wonders.

avocado halves, avocado pit, avocado

Avocados 

One of the most popular healthy foods in the social media world, avocados prove to be notable for more than just your Instagram story. With avocados in your diet, the oleic acid moisturizes skin and clears acne as well as relieving any dandruff. 

salmon, Cooking, Healthy
Amy Dong

Salmon

If you’re not a fish person, like myself, I can personally guarantee that this is one of the most bearable, non-fishy tasting fish you can eat. Just try it. Salmon is high in omega-3 fatty acids, an award-winning ingredient in the beauty world. They are fierce anti-inflammatories that enrich your hair follicles and prompt healthy skin production. For my readers that are not fish lovers, I recommend this salmon.

Although the above list is targeted at the benefits related to hair and skin, the foods mentioned are also beneficial to your body in many other ways as well. For example, dark chocolate has been proven to improve brain function and the antioxidants in avocados can protect your eyes

There you have it, four foods and one drink you can add to your daily meal plan in order to achieve the healthy hair and flawless skin we all dream of. Adjust that grocery list and get results!