CHAARG is a health and fitness group with chapters across the country that is working to inspire college girls stay active and healthy. This year, sophomore Charis Todd, along with the help of her executive team, took the initiative to start a chapter at Wake Forest. After just half a semester on campus, CHAARG is already making a positive impact.

What is CHAARG?

According to their website, "CHAARG aims to ignite a passion in college-aged girls for health + fitness. Too many college girls rely solely on the elliptical for their exercise. CHAARG liberates girls from the elliptical + shows them that fitness can [+ SHOULD] be fun! Since every girl has a different preference of what fun is, we create opportunities for our CHAARG girls to 'find their fit'.” 

CHAARG hosts weekly small group workouts, studio spotlights (workout classes like CycleBar and PureBarre), and other events that allow girls to have fun while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. 

In February, CHAARG had a speaker come to discuss body positivity and the truths/myths of nutrition and exercise. CHAARG event coordinator Alyssa Foster, who is pictured below, expressed that her involvement has positively impacted CHAARG and the Wake Forest community.

How can you get involved with CHAARG?

To join, you pay a membership fee of $47. As a member, you can attend as many small group workouts or studio spotlights as you want, with no extra cost. CHAARG also encourages members to create an in CHAARG fitstagram to share your own fitness journey. Even during COVID, CHAARG has been keeping up with virtual membership meetings and small group exercises.

If you're interested in joining CHAARG, click here to sign up!