Spoon University Logo
EDIT Copy of BLANK SU Hero Image Backgrounds 9?width=734&height=489&fit=crop&auto=webp&dpr=4
EDIT Copy of BLANK SU Hero Image Backgrounds 9?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp&dpr=4
Videos by @gimilivie_, @thyme_4_cooking, @giuliardii, @@refinedsips/TikTok
Lifestyle

Hosting A GUTS Watch Party Is A Good Idea, Right?

It’s time to mark your calendars because on October 29, Olivia Rodrigo’s GUTS tour is officially available to watch on Netflix. After an incredibly successful debut album, Rodrigo blew the world away with her sophomore album, GUTS, released on September 8, 2023. Featuring a number of hit songs including “vampire ,” “bad idea, right?” and “get him back!,” it is no wonder that the show sold out almost immediately with fans waitlisted for tickets even after additional tour dates were added. 

If you are feeling flashbacks to the TicketMasters debacle involving Taylor Swifts’ Eras Tour, we aren’t surprised. So in order to help as many fans as possible enjoy Rodrigo’s music and more importantly the concert, Netflix is offering a GUTS tour special from the comfort of your home. Now, you can watch the tour with front row seats, in your pajamas, rain or shine. And of course, the only way to give this concert the recognition it deserves is with an official GUTS watch party. We are sharing some GUTS food and drink inspiration so the concert feels like the real deal.

Drinks

Every good watch party, dinner party, birthday party, or any other party starts with a few fabulous drink options. In special recognition of Rodrigo’s black and pink album cover and punk rock vibe, we picked a Black Magic Cocktail from @arjohnson1 and Purple Rain Cocktail from @refinedsips. Black Magic is made with black vodka, cherry juice, orange juice, maraschino cherry syrup, pearl dust, and ice. If you are looking for something more grunge and dark, this is the cocktail for you. Purple Rain is made with vodka, lime juice, blue curaçao grenadine, lemonade, and lime wedges. It has a great purple hue and practically screams Olivia Rodrigo. 

All Things Food

Now, if you are anything like me, a party isn’t a party without an in-depth menu filled with the most delicious and fun foods. Like every good meal, we must start from the beginning with appetizers. In staying on theme with color, we suggest serving up a simple and easy bruschetta and/or a black bean dip TikTok recipe from @hippeas_snacks. In celebration of Rodrigo’s first released song from the album, “vampire,” the black and red of each appetizer is just what’s needed to watch the tour and bonus points because they match the Netflix colors too. 

@thyme_4_cooking

If you love cauliflower, then you will fall in love with purple cauliflower! 💜 This variety has almost 25% more vitamin A and more antioxidants than the standard white one. The purple colouring is all natural, the antioxidant anthocyanin (same found in red cabbage) is responsible for that beautiful purple appearance. This perfectly Roasted Purple Cauliflower with Green Tahini Sauce makes a colourful and delicious vegan main course or healthy side dish. A feast for the eyes! Don’t have purple cauliflower? White one is an excellent alternative. Ingredients: -1 purple cauliflower (or white) -1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil -salt -pepper Green Tahini Sauce -a handful green herbs (parsley, dill, mint, basil) -1 garlic clove -1/2 teaspoon salt -3 tablespoons tahini -2 tablespoons lemon juice -2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil -2-3 tablespoons water, if needed Instructions: 1. Quarter the cauliflower. Add olive oil into a pan on medium heat and fry until browned on each side. Then place on a baking dish lined with parchment paper. Season with salt and pepper and roast in the preheated oven (200 C) for about 20-25 minutes. 2. Meanwhile, add all the green tahini ingredients into a food processor or a blender. Mix until you have a smooth light green sauce. It will be thick, so you can add water one tablespoon at a time until you reach the desired consistency. 3. Spread the sauce on a serving plate and top with the cauliflower. Serve with coconut yoghurt, mixed seeds and finely chopped mint if desired. For the pink colour to come out I drizzled lemon juice. Enjoy! #cauliflower#roastedveggies#healthyfood#easyrecipes#goodfood#uk#foodie#veganfood#plantbased#antioxidants#healthyrecipes#homecooking#recipes#purplecauliflower#deliciousfood#lunch#dinnerideas#weekend#tiktok

♬ Theme from “A Summer Place” – Percy Faith And His Orchestra

For a main meal, it makes sense to try and stick to the color palette. If you are looking for a more traditional dinner, an easy and yummy option could be a great purple pasta from @giuliardii. If you are looking for something more simple and informal, grilled cheese with tomato soup could be another great choice. And, we couldn’t forget about the sides. If you want more purple on your plate, consider making some roasted purple potatoes with a TikTok recipe from @spicednice or this TikTok recipe for cooked purple cauliflower from @thyme_4_cooking.

@giuliardii

Purple Cabbage Pasta 💜 Follow @giuliardii for more recipes like this! Easy dinner idea with just a few ingredients. Ingredients: 250 g cabbage purée 250 g flour For the sauce: 1 small onion 75 ml panna (1/4 cup + 1 tbsp) 30 g parmesan (2 tbsp) 30 g burro (2 tbsp) 1. Boil 1/2 small purple cabbage in salted water until tender. Save the broth to use for later. 2. Once cooked, drain the cabbage and blend it until smooth. 3. Mix cabbage puree with flour and a pinch of salt to make a dough. 4. Knead dough until smooth. 5. Flour the dough slightly and cut pieces of it with scissors directly in the boiling purple cabbage broth. Once the pasta is ready, within a couple of minutes, it will float to the top. 6. In a pan, melt butter and sauté finely chopped onion until translucent. 7. Pour in heavy cream and bring to a simmer. 8. Stir in some grated Parmesan cheese until melted and smooth. 9. Season sauce with salt and black pepper to taste, if you like. 10. Toss cooked pasta in creamy onion sauce until coated. 11. Serve immediately, garnished with extra Parmesan cheese. Enjoy! Comment with 💜 if you love purple pasta. 🏷️ #purplecabbage #pasta #easyrecipes #dinnerideas #vegetarianrecipes easy dinner ideas, purple cabbage recipes, easy recipes

♬ original sound – Giulia Ardizzone

Now, for the star of the show, aside from Rodrigo. Let’s talk about dessert. Spooky season is closely approaching and it only feels right to celebrate the holiday and the eras tour in one go. Right off the bat, we were again inspired by “vampire” and thought red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and vampire fang bite designs from @asianfoodnetwork2023 would be the most delectable and most on theme dessert. If you really want to go above and beyond though, one other delicious treat idea could be this delicious TikTok recipe from @gimilivie_ for purple jelly cookies. Although they are slightly more time consuming to make, they are right on theme and a fan favorite cookie

Kelly Troop is currently a National Writer for Spoon University and has written for them since January of 2023. Her article topics and interests range from restaurant guides and product reviews to interviews with food content creators and trending food news. She is also in the process of taking over her university’s Spoon chapter at Bucknell. Outside of writing for Spoon University, Kelly is currently working toward her BA in Creative Writing from Bucknell, as well as a minor in Italian. She has worked in a number of different roles including a tour guide on her college campus, a content writer for MoneyLion, a financial technology company, and is currently working in the alumni and development department at the Horace Mann School in Riverdale, N.Y. In her free time, Kelly loves to read, cook, and play tennis with her friends and family. Her favorite genre is murder mystery, and she just finished reading The Da Vinci Code. Additionally, her favorite dish to make is homemade pasta with fresh pesto sauce. She is hardworking and diligent and is interested in a career of publishing, advertising, editorial, and/or marketing after she graduates college.