Chicken, eggplant, and meatball parm are three classic Italian foods that–dare I say–aren’t the easiest things to eat. They’re messy, running the risk of staining your shirt, and always have to be paired with something, usually pasta or garlic bread. But, a new vendor, Hold My Knots at the Gansevoort Market, is challenging this and changing the way NYC eats by introducing the original garlic knot slider!

Julianna Romero

The Market

Gansevoort Market, located in the Meatpacking District, has over 10 vendors serving up delicious counter-service meals, snacks, and desserts. With its hip ambiance that's always playing the top hits, this food hall is found just a few minutes away from the High Line and the Whitney Museum. You can find everything from ice cream to ceviche in the market. But, you may want to make a special trip to try Hold My Knots’ twist on the classic slider.

Julianna Romero

The Sliders

These sliders aren’t made with your average buns. They use garlic knots that are halved and stuffed with marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, and chicken, eggplant, or a sliced meatball. Then, the sliders are drenched in olive oil and fresh garlic, giving them a nice golden glow.

Julianna Romero

Biting into the slider was far more fulfilling than I had expected: the perfect amount of fluffy, juicy, and crispy. They were also quite big and left me full after eating 2 sliders. With the perfect balance between ingredients, Hold My Knots definitely knew what they were doing when claiming that they are “the best knots you’ll ever hold.” The chicken, eggplant, and meatball parm sliders are definitely worth a try at 2 for $8.