For freshman living on campus without their cars,  it's often the same place everyday for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. For the freshies living on main campus that's probably Dukes or D-Hub and for those living on East it's probably Festival or E-Hall. After first semester things can get pretty old, so here are some hidden treasures at JMU for those of us who are sick and tired of buffalo bites.

Raigan Shackelford

1. Sizzles To Go

The D-Hub takeaway window is honestly so convenient and, believe it or not, the food isn't half bad. It's actually great. This bacon, egg, and cheese bagel even comes with a hash brown inside. With a half pint of chocolate milk, it's a great addition to any morning. Definitely worth a try if you ever get a chance.

Raigan Shackelford

2. Grillhouse's Bistro Bombers at Bistro 1908

You've probably never heard of these before, but they knock buffalo bites out of the park. These boneless wings always come out perfect, but they aren't covered by a punch alone, so they're a "treat yourself" type of meal. The zucchini fries (pictured here) are also to die for. You'll wish you had tried them sooner.

Raigan Shackelford

3. Side Pockets

Yes, this little stand is in Dukes, but not many people know how much of a gem it is, or what it is for that matter. Located between PC Sliders and Dukes Deli, Side Pockets is for sure a hidden treasure. It doesn't look like much, but don't let that fool you. They have mostly any salad dressing you can think of and for the animal lovers out there, these Gardein chicken strips are vegan, but they sure don't taste like it. Be sure to check it out.

Raigan Shackelford

4. Italian's fried ravioli and garlic knots at Bistro 1908

These little guys are hidden at the bottom of the menu in small print, so they're pretty difficult to notice, especially if you're hunting for the punch symbols. Many people don't realize that two side items are covered by a punch at SSC, so whenever you find that you still have a bunch left, give these guys a shot instead of stocking up on sushi and potato chips at Dukes. 

Raigan Shackelford

5. Food Local's "The Roll" at Bistro 1908

Often the breakfast sandwiches are overpowered by the attention the paninis get, but this cinnamon roll comes with bacon, egg, and cheese, all covered in icing... definitely not for the faint-hearted. If you can ever make the time for breakfast give this one a shot. If this hidden treasure doesn't sound like your cup of tea, they have some very interesting breakfast combos, of which one is bound to spark your interest!

Raigan Shackelford

6. Eats

This amazing stand doesn't get a lot of attention, even if it isn't exactly "hidden". Personally, this is my favorite place to eat. The rotisserie chicken is fantastic and the cornbread isn't dry. If you're feeling a little homesick or just want a hearty, home-cooked meal, this is the place for you. The side selection changes daily, so Eats stays interesting, something which is super appealing when your on campus all the time.