I'm always looking for fun and creative twists on my morning coffee, so this one is one of my favorites. Although I'm normally a black coffee person, I occasionally need a little bit of cream to smooth out the natural acidity of the coffee. Here are some reasons why you should try to add whipped cream to your coffee!

1. You can add whipped cream to hot OR iced coffee. 

The first time I was exposed to whipped cream on coffee, it was in middle school. Someone infront of me in the Dunkin Donuts line ordered an iced coffee with whipped cream AND caramel swirl. Although I passed on the caramel swirl (what is even in that stuff anyways), I thought the black iced coffee was just sweet enough with the whipped cream. It was also super creamy and delightful when stirred into the rest of the iced coffee. When paired with hot coffee, the whipped cream just floats along like a little boat on a coffee sea. 

2. Whipped cream is the perfect base for adding a spice sprinkle to your coffee. 

Don't believe me? Try adding some cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, cocoa powder, or vanilla sugar to the top of your whipped cream- you'll thank me later.

3. You can find dairy-free or sugar-free substitutes to whipped cream. 

Can't have dairy? No need to worry! Many supermarkets carry dairy-free whipped cream with a coconut or almond base. You can also make your own whipped cream at home! 

4. It's the perfect, Instagram-able cold weather beverage.

Are you drinking hot cocoa or coffee? The world may never know. Grab your fuzzy socks and a new VSCO filter to capture the perfect Instagram shot for your feed. 

5. You can spray a little whipped cream in your mouth before you put the can back in the fridge. 

We all know it's the best part of whipped cream.