Let me start by saying that this is not your basic "girly" alcoholic drink; it's so much more than that.  The story behind Social Sparkling Wine started in Chicago with founder Leah Caplanis. At the age of 26, Leah was diagnosed with thyroid cancer, and in a holistic effort to heal herself, she went vegan and also cut alcohol out of her diet. Once cancer-free, three years later, Leah wanted to reintroduced herself to alcohol with a health-conscious attitude; this is what sparked the idea for Social. In 2012, Leah's mission was to create the "cleanest alcohol available today," and without a doubt she achieved that. At only 88 calories and 1 gram of sugar, Social Sparkling Wine is organic, gluten-free, and sulfate-free. This wine is unlike any drink I've seen on the market, and I'm excited to get the chance to try it as soon as possible. 

The awesomeness of Social does not stop there. Leah and her team are driven to "create the most health conscious alcohol to empower people to live vibrant connected lives." Their passion for health and wellness is evident in their lifestyle blog called "The Social Life." They write about everything from beauty to nutrition to fitness.

Social Sparkling Wine is a women-run company, which is currently so relevant as ideas like feminism and women empowerment are at the forefront in this day and age. It is so important to have women leaders in the business world making a difference, and Leah goes above and beyond to set the standards high for future women entrepreneurs. I am overwhelmingly impressed with the drive behind this company, and I think we need more businesses like Social that are passionate in creating a product that allows you to have fun enjoying alcohol "but still wake up with the energy to be present with those you love and share your talents with the world." 

Okay, now back to the good stuff...WINE!

Social's sparkling wine flavors include Elderflower Apple, Hibiscus Cucumber, Pink Grapefruit Ginger, and Toasted Coconut Almond. Below are the company's description of each delicious and unique flavor. 

Elderflower Apple

"Crisp, intricate, refreshing! Lightly sweetened with refreshing elderflower bouquet. Pairs well with: pork & fish!"

Hibiscus Cucumber

"Spa-like & very lightly-sweetened. Light body with cucumber & floral refreshment. Pairs well with: salad & fresh greens!"

Pink Grapefruit Ginger

"Full flavor grapefruit with delicate ginger essence. Pairs well with: sushi & fresh fish!"

Toasted Coconut Almond

"Sweet & delicious! Nutty flavor with a smooth coconut aroma. Pairs well with: desserts & sweets!"

If you could describe the perfect alcohol what would it be? Good for you? Low in calories? Great taste? Hangover free? Well, luckily for you, Social Sparking Wine checks ALL of these boxes. Social is currently in 31 states in stores like Kroger, Meijer, and Whole Foods, and I strongly urge you to check out their Instagram @socialsparklingwine for some fun ways to dress up their sparkling wine. 

When you purchase Social Sparkling wine, you are getting more than just a drink. You are buying into the belief that we should be health-conscious even when we're out drinking with our friends. It is without a doubt that Leah and her team are "re-imagining" wine and in doing so, creating a platform for health advocates and women across the world.