There are some people who absolutely hate fall because everything is dying and leaves are literally falling, but if you're like me, I love fall. There's a beauty in the changing color of leaves, or being able to eat your mother's baked apple pie. There are also some great holidays that take place, times that you can spend with your friends and family. If nothing about that excites you about fall, here's how you can not let the rain bring you down. It's actually quite stomach-satisfying.

1. Eat Treats

Cameron Carvalho

There are so many delicious treats that surface during this time: Halloween candy, pumpkin pie, apple pie, baked chocolate Chip cookies... Need I say more? It's a pretty universal fact that sugar makes us happy. Laura Schwecherl from Greatist recently wrote that "processed sugar also increases endorphins that can boost mood and provide a temporary chemical 'high'." Just make sure you brush your teeth after.

2. Get Outside

Let’s go to the pumpkin patch! photo by Patrick Fore (@patrickian4) on Unsplash

on unsplash

It's such a beautiful time when it doesn't rain. There's also so much you can do, whether it's visiting your local pumpkin patches, corn mazes, animal farms, or even your local park. Don't take the nice weather for granted.

3. Bake Bake Bake

Cameron Carvalho

My grandma always told me the warmest way to your heart is through a batch of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. Researchers in New Zealand reported that people who bake actually become more calmer, happier, and even have more energy. It becomes a form of meditation and stress relief, or even a way to improve your mental health

4. Meditate

Silhouette, cross legged, sitting and woman HD photo by Ben Blennerhassett (@benblenner) on Unsplash

on unsplash

Summer was all about chasing after the sun, and going on countless adventures. So it's only reasonable for the seasonal blues to catch up to you. Take a break. Take some time out of your busy days to have a couple minutes for yourself and remember what you're thankful for. We can often get caught up in too many stresses and worries that life inevitably brings, so you need a breather. Breathe in; breathe out.

5. Become a Morning Person

Breakfast, table top view, eating and food HD photo by Thought Catalog (@thoughtcatalog) on Unsplash

on unsplash

As awful as that sounds, the best and easiest cure is to take in as much sunshine as you can. And the only way to do that is by waking up while the sun does. The best way to have the best day is to start the day at a good start.

I've learned that we have to take time for ourselves. It's so important to recognize how we feel, and if it causes a negative impact on our lives, that we have to take action and change it. There's a beauty that can be seen in fall; you just have to see it in the right light, a hazy fog perhaps, or a slowly fading October sun.