A week without a trip to my college's Taco Bell is a sad week in my book. I can't afford to sacrifice this simple pleasure when I'm too busy to hit the gym. In my eyes, healthy living is about maintaining a balanced lifestyle, and that means feeding the whole body—heart, muscles, soul, mind—so when I learned how to hack the glorious Taco Bell menu, I knew I could do it all. Surprisingly, the menu is stacked with healthy Taco Bell menu items (relatively low in calories, high in protein, low in fat, low in sodium) that are just naughty enough to quench any cravings.

Nearly 3/4 of the Taco Bell menu items are less than 500 calories (they're not known as one of the healthiest fast food brands for nothing), so in the calorie department most things are a safe bet. But in terms of hacking, always look for "Fresco" style—substituting mayo-based sauces, cheeses, guac, and/or sour cream with pico de gallo. No getting lost in the sauce today!

#Spoon Tip: Taco Bell releases all the nutritional information for every one of their menu items.

1. Chicken Soft Taco

What's that you're feeling? I think it's called "nostalgia." You can never go wrong with the classics. Once you see the nutrition info on this taco, this order is a no brainer. 

170 calories, 8 grams fat, 10 grams protein, 450 mg sodium

2. Steak Soft Taco Fresco Style

Steak and tortilla, not much else to it. This menu item is normally 200 calories, but because this is a healthy Taco Bell roundup, we're going to order it fresco-style and see those calories drop. Instead of avocado ranch sauce and cheese, you're getting that freshness from the pico de gallo and the lettuce.

150 calories, 10 grams fat, 12 grams protein, 510 mg sodium. 

3. Crunchy Taco

Another classic (I promise this list gets WAY more exciting and WAY less obvious soon). A crunchy taco is the perfect way to satisfy the perfectly seasoned taste Taco Bell's known to deliver.

170 calories, 9 grams fat (c'mon, it's a fried tortilla), 8 grams protein, 310 mg sodium

4. Chipotle Chicken Loaded Griller

Pretty surprising seeing that this menu item will have you swimming in sauce, but it's really not too shabby of an option. Nutrition-wise, it's not the best, but definitely not the worst. It's technically healthy Taco Bell while still qualifying as living life on the wild side.

340 calories, 16 grams fat, 14 grams protein (talk about GAINS), 770 mg sodium

5. (Black) Bean Burrito

Vegetarians, this one's for you. I'm categorizing both the refried and black bean burrito as one because they're both practically tied for health. 

380-390 calories, 11 grams fat, 14 grams protein, 1020-1060 mg sodium (yikes!) 

6. Meximelt

I'm so glad finally something I order makes the list, I must be doing something right. It's sweet (Taco Bell knows how to do picadillo), it's fresh because of the pico de gallo, it's cheesy, and it's absolutely delicious. If you're trying to avoid fast food, try making your own Meximelt at home. 

250 calories, 13 grams fat, 14 grams protein, 720 mg sodium 

7. Breakfast Soft Taco

For all you early birds, this taco is the healthy way to do Taco Bell breakfast. It's very simple; bacon, cheese, and egg (plus lots of hot sauce on the side, naturally). Talk about waking up on the right side of the bed.

240 calories, 14 grams fat, 11 grams protein, 580 mg sodium

8. Mini Skillet Bowl

Yes, you're only paying a dollar for egg, pico de gallo, nacho cheese, and potatoes—you're welcome. I know you're thinking this item has a lot of fat, but the calories I'd say even that out (give it some credit, it's healthy Taco Bell you're asking for after all).

180 calories, 11 grams fat, 5 grams protein, 430 mg sodium

9. Shredded Chicken Mini Quesadilla

Another dollar menu item, this mini quesadilla is the perfect compromise. The actual chicken quesadilla, though way more filling, has a lot more of everything bad for you (I'm so glad my heart decided that would be my favorite Taco Bell item). Don't worry, the mini version still comes with the cheesy jalapeño sauce.

200 calories, 10 grams fat, 10 grams protein, 490 mg sodium

10. Spicy Tostada

Another vegetarian item, you get all the flavors you want while still enjoying Taco Bell in moderation. Beans, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, salsa, and chipotle sauce all make for a delicious snack.

210 calories, 10 grams fat, 6 grams protein, 440 mg sodium.

Taco Bell is really looking out for us with these healthier menu items. If you have certain dietary restrictions, check out the best vegan Taco Bell menu items for a better idea of what you can order.