Ah, Finals Week: seven whole days dedicated solely to last-minute cramming and tests. It’s time to break out the sweatpants and show the world how scary-good you are at double-fisting a latte and Red Bull.

However, as the stress piles up, it’s easy to lose track of healthy eating by resorting to too many late night pizza and ice cream binges.

Here are healthy alternatives to snacking so you can stay alert, nourished and feeling good while studying!

1. Air-Popped Popcorn

snack

Photo by Jocelyn Hsu

A great alternative to chips. Try drizzling your popcorn with extra-virgin olive oil and then sprinkling a bit of salt on top! It’s healthier than dousing the whole bowl in butter.

2. Almonds

snack

Photo by Smita Jain

They are convenient, easy to eat and full of heart-healthy fats and proteins. Opt for the low-sodium or unsalted kinds, as one ounce of salted roasted almonds contains 100 times more sodium than the unsalted varieties.

3. Veggies

snack

Photo by Charlotte Hull

Carrots, bell peppers, celeries, cucumbers! Fresh veggies are a great way to get in your daily dose of nutrients. They’re also crunchy, delicious substitutes for Cheetos. Dip the vegetables in hummus, wrap them around low-fat meats or stuff them in pita bread!

4. Instant Oatmeal

snack

Photo by Smita Jain

Just add water or milk, microwave it for a couple of minutes, and you’ve got yourself a hearty snack that will keep you full for a long time. Just be cautious of some packets because they can run very high in sugar.

5. Fruit Salad

snack

Photo by Smita Jain

Mix together your favorite seasonal fruits. Put them in a large bowl and refrigerate for a couple hours in order for the natural, sugary juices to mingle and marinate. This way, you can satisfy your sweet tooth without inhaling candy bars.

6. String Cheese

snack

Photo by Smita Jain

A fun way to distract yourself from your studies during a quick snack break. You can peel as much or little as you want, but don’t you ever bite string cheese. (Whenever I see people do this, a part of me dies. You peel it. That’s why it’s stringy.)

7. Granola Bars

snack

Photo by Smita Jain

Easy and convenient to eat. My favorite bars are Kind and Lara Bars. They are all-natural, gluten-free and delicious. They use simple and minimalist ingredients that I can actually pronounce.

8. Frozen Grapes

snack

Photo by Jocelyn Hsu

If the fruit salad is not working for you, try buying grapes and freezing them overnight. You’ll wake up with one of the most refreshing alternatives to sugary popsicles or ice cream.

9. Greek Yogurt

snack

Photo by Smita Jain

It might be a bit stinky when you first open it, but trust me – this stuff is so good and so good for you! It’s packed with protein and can keep you full and happy while studying.

10. Pretzels

snack

Photo by Elizabeth Layman

Satisfy both your carb and salt cravings with these. Dip them or eat them plain. They’re the classic snack food.

Study hard and snack on.

More good stuff here: