Since midterm season has begun, students will be spending more time studying on campus than in their own homes. We all know that snacking is a crucial part of studying but as tempting as it might be, it's important to not live off of junk food during those busy times. Here are some healthy snacks to pack for studying on campus to help get you through this stressful time. 

1. Popcorn

My personal favourite study snack is popcorn, especially skinny pop since you can buy the small bags which are the perfect size for bringing to campus. Although it may be tempting, I suggest staying away from covering your popcorn in butter if you want to eat healthy. For those who are looking for something with more flavour, I recommend trying the sea salt and black pepper flavoured Skinny Pop.  

fish, popcorn, eating popcorn, snack

2. Granola Bars

Granola bars are the perfect snack for when you are stressed and don't have much time on your hands. The great thing about granola bars is that there are endless flavours and types that you can buy to satisfy everyone's taste buds. If you are up to it, I suggest trying to make your own granola bars. This easy granola bar recipe doesn't take much effort and is extremely tasty. 

beer
Emily Waples

3. Veggies and Hummus

A healthy option is to pack veggies and hummus to bring for studying on campus. If you take five minutes to cut vegetables up the night before a busy day, then all the hard work is already done and all you have to do is grab it and go in the morning. Make sure to try different flavours of hummus if you find you are getting tired of the original flavour!

vegetable, carrot, celery, hummus
Marie Chantal Marauta

4. Trail Mix

For those days you are craving something sweet and salty, trail mix is the perfect snack for you. It is super easy to make your own, check out these 10 cheap and easy DIY trail mixes. However, if that is too much effort I suggest buying the jumbo bag from Costco. The protein from the nuts will help to keep you focused during a long day of studying.  

Abbey Roberts

5. Cheese and Crackers

Who doesn't love cheese and crackers? It's a go-to snack for many students and can easily be eaten anywhere. If you are looking for a snack that will fill you up, cheese and crackers is a great option. It takes only a couple minutes to prepare and can quickly be packed in the morning before you leave for another long day. 

sweet, cookie, wheat, cracker, pastry, bread, candy, cake, chocolate, milk
Razan Kawar

Don't let midterms interfere with your eating habits this semester, it is very important to fuel your body with good food during this stressful time. If you are not a morning person – like most university students, try packing your snacks the night before to give yourself an extra couple minutes of sleep in the morning. If you really want to be on top of things, you can prepare snacks for the entire week so it is one less thing to worry about. These five healthy snacks to pack with you for studying on campus will give you more time to focus on your studies.

Best of luck during this midterm season!